• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Taste of My Current Foreign Auctions

8 posts in this topic

The sad thing is if ANY of these were US coins they'd be worth 100X what they are currently worth.

This one is currently up for auction:

2750177-063.jpg

It's a 1907-AM Colombia 1 Peso of the Inflationary Coinage. This is a coin that is difficult to find period. Not rare, but difficult. In this condition, you'd be hard pressed to locate another. There are probably fewer of these in gem BU than 1916-D dimes, but this one will cost less than a 16-D in Good condition.

That, of course, is the beauty of collecting darkside stuff. I've bought quite a few coins over the years strictly on the basis of their beauty, or toning, or both, without even a clue as to what the coin was.

GREAT thread!

James

Wow! Greg, you and James have the knack for acquiring some amazing, eye-appealing coins. Very impressive!

Many of these were held back over the past few years. I liked the look of them so much that I didn't want to let them go.