• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submitting to NGC....

7 posts in this topic

I am not a member of NGC yet but have some coins that I have set aside that I thought would be great to have graded.

Prior to joining, I figured I would take these coins and have them sent to NGC through a dealer. First question... Any dealers on board from the Long Island area? I haven't gone through a dealer before and wanted to see how much a dealer generally charges? Discounts for quantity submissions?

Any opinions on NGC would be great.

-Dave

You can submit your coins directly to NGC if you are a member of the ANA. I believe it is also very easy to become an NGC authorized submitter as I am authorized and yet I send in very few coins. I paid nothing for the authorization.

Like TomB said, if you're an ANA member you can become an NGC member for submission purposes. As for the service itself, I'm impressed with what I've experienced. I currently have one submission in the process of returning (one of the three have made it back) and have been happy with the service. I sent off on March 24th using the Early Bird tier, got one back on the 18th (as I said) that they had seperated out from the original invoice because it was the raw coin (the other two were crossovers. Apparently, NGC will help you out if you fill out the invoices incorrectly and get things where they should be going, which is very good from a customer service standpoint). The other two I expect this next week. The grading seems to be VERY accurate, and even surprised me to see the first one come back as an MS-63.

As for the people, the NGC employees I have dealt with personally (John Maben and Dave Camire) have been top notch.

You can also submit directly through a link on eBay's Coins & Paper Money page. There's a clickable NGC logo image about one page down on the righthand side. It looks like this:

150280-eBay%20NGC.JPG

Beijim

589a8ade31a4b_150280-eBayNGC.JPG.0e114f0a1c99347c7cd849fc06ee1099.JPG

Dakra,

I cannot speak for all dealers, but before I joined the Collectors' Society the dealer I used to send my coins to NGC did not charge me anything over NGC's prices.

As a matter of fact if I was only sending in a couple of coins and he also had some of his own that he was sending in he didn’t even charge me shipping. He is not on Long Island through.

As for my opinion of NGC, They are by far my favorite grading service. I also like the NGC holder more than any other holder I have seen.

John