• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crossing the "street" also!

35 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

Good to see a few of the "old" time posters from "across the street"

Will take a little time to learn to use and navigate here but will get use

to it. Good to see TomB and Greg here....and others! Enjoyed reading, and will continue to watch TomB's post.....very interesting.

Anyway.....see you guys/girls around!

Steve

www.pqdollars.com

Good to see you here, Steve. You'll notice that there are stunningly fewer threads here than at PCGS and I think that that helps keep things somewhat focused. This reminds me of the PCGS site in 2000.

Don't worry about hammer. (He has a mental dissorder.)

Now don't pick on Hammer, he's the Comic Kids King. You know what they say, in the land of the brainless, the person with half a brain is King....

I am also beginning to dislike certain aspects "across the street". I particularly tire of seeing the entire page covered with posts about Franklins and submissions.

Numisaddict runs kinda slow but this site runs pretty nice. I need to figure out all the bells and whistles on here.

Is KoinKollector over here now??

I particularly tire of seeing the entire page covered with posts about Franklins and submissions.

I agree. Now let me tell you about the Kennedy submissions I just got back.... mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

I would to post more often but there are a few problems... The coin forum is a lil slow, no problem tho, this will pick up. The real problem is the water cooloer. Who are some of these complete [!@#%^&^] heads, and are they really serious???

John,

I got your PM and replied.

Post more here and get it moving. Go over to the other forum and PM the good posters to come over here.

The Water Cooler are a bunch of comic kids (usually 8-14 years old) that think they are funny. One has 5000 posts and probably less than 2% were actually written by him. He just copy/paste stuff. They are serious. When you are at that age, you think doing looks of junk is funny.

I agree with Greg, Sean, in order for these boards to have more life in them we have to post more about numismatics. This is about the speed of conversation we had at PCGS in the fall of 2000, before the boards nearly crashed from the slow server and were moved to their present place. I have made a deliberate effort to post more here and to start interesting topics if I think they will be responded to.

The problem is that the people who left the PCGS forum went to two different places. Some are at Numisaddict.com. Coppercoins went there. If they'd all come here, there would be a lot more activity. So besides recruiting people from PCGS, we'd have to get some from Numisaddict as well.

Forget the WC today. From now on just ignore all of Bugs posts (don't read or reply to them) and it isn't a bad place to be.

Thanks, Andy! grin.gif Yes, I do have a larger picture and it is attached. The coin is a 1937 and is graded NGC MS67FB. The obverse is a steely white with blue clouds running across it while the reverse looks just like the image only slightly better as there is luster everywhere. I bought it at the ANA last year in NYC.

151371-37MERC67FBNGC.jpg.6c95c4ccc0d602ea5a00518a54258bc2.jpg

Glad to see some of you Morgan and Peace Dollar guys migrating to this site. I don't post much (normal), but do a lot of reading. As TomB stated a lot like the old PCGS Boards..

I was wondering if some of the posts on the coin board here were for real??

card migrators??

I must say though that one thing I dislike about this specific board are those 3 locked threads at the top.

anyone else find those somewhat annoying????

There was an infiltration of comic board members who were having some fun this past weekend, only, it wasn't fun for everyone. It seems to have passed fairly quickly and hopefully won't happen again.

I don't mind the locked threads at the top. Have you noticed the feature where you can click on the column labels and re-order the threads? That is pretty cool even if I don't use it much.

• Administrator

I've thought about unlocking them, but the idea was to help answer new-person "frequently asked questions" only once rather than having them re-asked when new people show up...

I've thought about unlocking them, but the idea was to help answer new-person "frequently asked questions" only once rather than having them re-asked when new people show up...

I've been using the internet since the early 90s and in all that time I don't think I've ever run across a person that read a FAQ before posting a question. smirk.gifsmirk.gifsmirk.gif

I've mentioned it before that I dislike the threads locked at the top. I wouldn't mind them as much if they were locked at the bottom of a page, but I like to see the newest at the top and they rarely get posted to.

I don't know how customizable these forums are. Perhaps there is a way to lock them at top for new users only (i.e. registered 30 days or less)?