• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Price for early bust doller?

20 posts in this topic

These coins were hot last year and the price went high and I gave up trying to find one for me, but are they still hot?

Has the price peaked or keep on rising?

A few weeks ago, there was a eBay auction of draped bust doller(NGC AU50) with no reserve and I thought it was a good chance to know how much they are worth in today's market, but the auction ended early...reedededge, yes mad.gif

Always in demand, and almost always a + sign on the Greysheet. I've had two in the last month (vg and fine), and they sold in a virtual heartbeat. I say if you see one you like, jump on it. smile.gif

They don't last out on the open market, unless they are blatantly overpriced.

If you find one that's perfect for the grade then buy it and worry about how to pay for it later. Otherwise, you will never get one.

I have bought and sold F to XF examples of common dates with some regularity - especially popular are no-problem coins between $50 and $100. Sems most stores around here will have 1 to 4 examples. I generally make between $20 or $30 on them. They almost always sell around retail or higher on feeBay.

Nice quality ones are still hot and will always be. The problem is that there are so many crappy ones out there that it is hard to find a nice original looking one with a nice planchet, uncleaned (or at least not cleaned in the last 100 years), and decent strike.

How is this coin for you? It's a nice MS62 with pretty color.

3160_1797dollarpcms62.JPG

I like that one.

There was a VF 1799 in an ANACS holder at the Anaheim coin show last week that looked nice. At least it looked nice under the glass case. Not being an expert, there might have been problems with it, although they weren't noted on the slab. It was $2200.

If I remember correctly, there was a roughly $10K discount for that 1797 a few weeks ago? Of course, I can't afford it anyway blush.gif

I sold most of my Bust doller(I mean 2 of 3 wink.gif ) last summer and I was stupid enough to sell them at sheet crazy.gif

With that money, I wanted to buy one in higher grade, but I've spent those money for another coin already tongue.gif

1964, I think you're writing about half dollars when the rest of us are writing about dollars. Big difference, as you know, in this series.

How much is ANY comic book worth? 25 cents. My two-year-old son has outgrown them.

Why are you creating a bunch of threads in the comic forum eagerly asking the value of all your comics if you feel they are so worthless? And the answer to your question is yes, some comics are worth 25 cents. I hear quarters are worth that, too. Some comics are worth a lot more, as are some coins. I'll be happy to explain the concept of collectibles and value to you, if you're having a tough time grasping the concept. Or you could ask some of the coinees here, because they seem very willing to pay large amounts of money for bits of metal, just as comic collectors pay large amounts of money for bits of paper -- if it's the right bit of metal or paper, of course.

I'm sorry that the comics you have aren't worth anything. However, I hear that the monetary value does not in any way interfere with the story and art, so if you want to, you should still be able to read them.

Helga

Why don't you comic wienies just go back and play with yourselves...

Because I want to learn all about coins and coinees. Or is this forum not open to the public? Is there a rule that only approved people can post here? Is it a racial thing? A gender thing? A sexual preference thing? What are the rules? If I'm the wrong race, gender, etc. I'll leave, I promise.

Helga

You got me. I posted in the comic forum asking how much my Swamp Things are worth. Oh, and about certified comics. You got me. You win.

Now, about collector knowledge, I'm sure you got me there too, else I wouldn't be in the forums asking questions. If I knew it all, I'd be harrasing people instead of asking questions.

I appologize for the 25 cent thing. Comics are obviously more collectable, more valuable, and more fun than coins.

I bow to you, Helga... Ole Great One O' The Collectors' Society. I sacrifice my PCI and ACG coins in your name. Amen.

Dime, I like you. I'm a lousy harrasser, and I'll admit it. I thought it would be fun if we all just poked each other a bit, but it appears that a lot of your compatriots aren't in the mood for a little ribbing. That's fine, to each their own. The comic forum has a lot of freewheeling lads who like to stir things up. I'm one of the token females down there (talk about shock and awe!). I just wanted to play with my boys, and have a goofy good time. I'll probably continue to do so, here and there, because I'm having a lousy Easter and this is kinda fun.

So no hard feelings, coinees, but Helga the Valkyrie is still out there! Ufda!

Helga

P.S. I have some old Norwegian coins from my grandfather -- probably his pocket change when he landed in America. Do I need to go to the world coin section to harrass people because of those?

I sacrifice my PCI and ACG coins in your name

How DARE you take advantage of a sweet Valkyrie like that! (Helga - don't you listen to him!)

Why don't you thrown in your ANACS coins too? PCI and ACG indeed! (OK - you get points for subtle but still!) grin.gif