• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New book

9 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

An excellent book on United States coins was released last month, but it may not receive much publicity. This is Roger Burdette's reference, Renaissance of American Coinage 1916-1921. Roger is an occasional poster on this forum and too modest to toot his own horn, but I just finished reading it and was knocked out.

The complete stories behind the three silver coins of 1916 and the Peace Dollar are related in exacting detail, with all pertinent documents quoted or reproduced. There are many illustrations of sketches and models, including a number that were unknown to the numismatic community until now. The book is 343 pages and has an illustrated hard cover.

Two more volumes will follow that detail the new coin issues of 1905-08 and 1909-15. The first of these is expected to be released next year.

Roger's book lists at $64.95, plus $4.50 for shipping. It can be ordered from Seneca Mill Press, POB 1423, Great Falls, VA 22066. Evidently, they don't take credit card orders, but it can also be ordered from Amos Advantage and Edelman's.

I don't have any financial interest in this book, nor does NGC. I just hate to see such an important work fly under the radar. It really is a landmark book that should be in the library of anyone interested in the beautiful USA coins of the early 20th Century.

Thanks for the heads-up Dave! I've been waiting for this book for some time but was unaware of its release - somehow it escaped me. I read Roger's articles with as much interest as I do your own. Excellent authors and researchers, the both of you. I've ordered this from Amos Advantage!

Hoot

I've ordered this from Amos Advantage!

You are such a tool! 893whatthe.giftongue.gif

I agree with jtryka. I would hope the whole period from 1905 thru 1921 would be covered. IMO, the greatest coins designs come from that period....

jom

I've ordered this from Amos Advantage!

You are such a tool! 893whatthe.giftongue.gif

Tool? 20% discount on the price , which translated to 10% after shipping. Your dingus side is showing again jom. makepoint.gif

I agree with jtryka. I would hope the whole period from 1905 thru 1921 would be covered. IMO, the greatest coins designs come from that period....

jom

Well, ya dip yeahok.gif, he's planning on covering that period in future volumes, as in Dave's original post... future volumes will be, no doubt, wonderful. Have you read any of his articles published in CW? His article on the 1907 $10 Indians was nothing short of brilliant.

Hoot

Well, ya dip yeahok.gif, he's planning on covering that period in future volumes, as in Dave's original post... future volumes will be, no doubt, wonderful. Have you read any of his articles published in CW? His article on the 1907 $10 Indians was nothing short of brilliant.

C'mon! What did you expect me to do? Actually READ his original post? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

As to CW: I don't get the mag anymore so if the author includes this material in his new books it'll be all new material to me. yay.gif

jom

PS: And you are still a tool!