• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Designation Review for The Star Designation

3 posts in this topic

When a coin is sent in under designation review for the star designation, is there any reason provided if the coin doesn't make the designation?

If not, is it possible to get this done on a couple of coins if specifically requested (and paid extra for?)?

Greg,

Unlike a crossover, no reason is given when a coin doesn't get the star, just as no reason is given for any other designation review (such as cameo, ultra cameo, FH, FB, etc) that is denied the requested designation.

If you're perplexed by our decision you can always request a review. We have a pretty flexible policy here and if used only occasionally, it's unlikely you would be charged except of course for shipping.

We can't accept special request coins that are part of a submission with other coins on the same invoice. This creates delays and tracking challenges. However, the coin(s) can be sent to us on separate invoices (but may be shipped with other separate orders) with a specific note attached to the submission invoice explaining exactly what you would like, IE: an explanation.

After doing this, in some cases you may get a short note back with the coin, in other cases a phone call. Always give us a number where you can be reached during the day.

John

I will be witness to the fact that NGC will call if you provide them with a phone number. I once had an issue with the determination made on one of my coins and sent the coin back to NGC with a note. Subsequently, an NGC grader called my home and we spoke for a bit. By the way, in the end NGC agreed with me. I thought the entire process was quite professional and the way to run a customer service oriented business.