• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help With A Gold Note Please

10 posts in this topic

Yours has those "holes" on the other side, which I think looks better.

It's also not "mine". I found the picture on the net.

These were thrown out the window, by firemen, during a fire in the Main (?) Post Office in Washington, DC, in the 1930's. Over the years, I have had the opportunity to purchase perhaps as many as 500 of these. Technically, they are illegal to own, but are highly prized additions to currency collections. They are worth $1500+, in nice condition, and $500 or so in less desirable shape. Hope this helps.

Julian -

A question - the series 1928A & series 1934 gold certificates were not released to the public - and technically they are not legal for collectors to own. But neither of them had a $10,000 denomination.

The series 1900 - as the certificate in question is - was released to the public and should be legal to own. Is there some reason it is not ?

The 1900 $10K notes were not released to the public. They were only for inter-bank use. I actually have owned some uncancelled notes, but none have ever had any face value to the public, only to banks.