• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C'est La Vie

4 posts in this topic

That is a beauty! Great strike for an 11-D, and what looks like pretty typical subdued luster for that issue. The reverse is particulary nice!

Great coin! The 11-D Saints seem to come nice and they certainly have appreciated recently! I have a MS65, 1911-D that is really nice as well. Now if I just could find an 11-P Saint that nice. One dealer has kind of a doggy looking MS63, 11-P that he wants $1700+ for and I just can not get to wound up over the deal.

Has anyone noticed that, not only have Saint prices become phosphoric, but the grading has seemed to have slipped as well. I have quite a few MS62 coins in holders that are nicer than many of the newly graded MS63 Saints that are coming on the market now. I guess the moral there is send mine back in, Duh!

I think the standards have come down a bit, but overall, not by a whole lot. It just seems that certain dates are really problematic. Personally, I have found a lot more dogs for the D-mint Saints than anything else!