• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2005 American Legacy Collection

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen the latest Greysheet & Numismatic News?

Greysheet lists Bid/Ask for this set at $175/$190. Coast to Coast is advertising it for $249.

Chris

Greysheet lists Bid/Ask for this set at $175/$190. Coast to Coast is advertising it for $249.

Chris

Still the same....

Chris

Sux! I ordered five sets but cancelled the order since I was finishing my assignment in Nevada and didn't want to play mail shuffle. I figured that since there was a 100,000 mintage set with only half sold that I could order later. Lo, to my dismay, the mintage was cut in half and I was left out in the cold. Bummer.

I had ordered five of the coin and stamp sets with the Marine Corp dollar but the mint arbitrarily cancelled it. I called customer service and did end up getting the order filled. Very nice lady on the other end who went the extra mile for me.

I also got 10 each of the proof and BU. Anyone have any idea what they're fetching on the open market now?

Chris

I had ordered five of the coin and stamp sets with the Marine Corp dollar but the mint arbitrarily cancelled it. I called customer service and did end up getting the order filled. I also got 10 each of the proof and BU. Anyone have any idea what they're fetching on the open market now?

I'll give you $200 for everything! smile.gif

Chris

I also got 10 each of the proof and BU. Anyone have any idea what they're fetching on the open market now?

Looks like $35-$55. Not exactly a stunning run up for a sold out coin. I wonder what will happen to the price in August 2008 when the mint finally delivers all the coins on backorder to the customers.

Looks like $35-$55. Not exactly a stunning run up for a sold out coin. I wonder what will happen to the price in August 2008 when the mint finally delivers all the coins on backorder to the customers.

"SOLD OUT" but the Mint is still taking orders for it on the assumption there will be returns for whatever reason. When the program officially ends and many people who were led to believe they would get them, but didn't, look for the price to jump in the secondary market.

Chris

I wondered about this one. Actually had 2 in my cart. But I thought better of it and deleted them. I've seen other high priced mint items drop 50% in the amount one could get for them after purchase from the mint. Those little leather pouches are what I have in mind. Those plummetted and one can get them on eBay for half what they cost new. I didn't want to risk a week's pay on it. Now I wish I did. One never knows. These look like hokey sets anyway. smile.gif

Jonathan

Chris

I had ordered five of the coin and stamp sets with the Marine Corp dollar but the mint arbitrarily cancelled it. I called customer service and did end up getting the order filled. I also got 10 each of the proof and BU. Anyone have any idea what they're fetching on the open market now?

Chris

Chris, I'll give you $200 to just go away. devil.gif

That's very surprising. I bet that they will eventually be $100.

Chris

Chris

Chris, I'll give you $200 to just go away. devil.gif

That's what I would expect to hear from someone living in Lollipop, WA! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Welcome back, Victor!