• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How fast do you have to be in order to win the Numisma-Quest?

7 posts in this topic

I was 35 minutes late for the post and already there were 17 inquiries to Dena's question. Are there people just waiting all day Friday for the question to post? I assume most inquiries are from astute collectors.

TRUTH

You have to be pretty fast on the draw. Usually after about 5 views, there is generally an answer, unless the question is REAL hard, which sometimes, it is.

That, and EVP has NO life whatsoever. Go back through the archives, and you'll see that he wins a lot.

Luckily, they mix around the posting time, so he's not always around to snipe the answer.

You have to be fast! But you also have to know the answer. Last week, I had the only correct response! Some weeks no one knows the answer. I have also caught them a couple of times giving the incorrect answer to a question. I didn't get a prise for that, though.

A while back I compiled a list of the winners and other information. It included how long it took to get a correct answer, whether the first response was correct, info on the time the question was posted and if there was a relation to who won.

For the most part, it didn't matter when the question was posted. The winners were random. Also, frequently the first answer was wrong. There were also several times where the correct answer didn't appear until after there were MANY responses. Some weeks there have been NO correct answers.

So, basically it doesn't matter when you see the question, you will still have a good chance of winning.

AND, there is also the runner-up prize that isn't based on time when answered.