• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A new coin service: Good guy coin dealers.

10 posts in this topic

Every week I will be posting a coin dealer who is truly a good guy. Over 25 years as a collector and 14 years as a dealer, only a few worthy dealers make my list. No dealer has asked to be on this list and this list is merely an opinion based on personal dealings over many years. This week's coin dealer is:

Sal Falcone

Falcone Coins

408-292-2221

75427.16@compuserve.com

Type US & Rare World Coins

San Jose, CA

Over 20 years in the business, family owned an operated, you deal with the boss.

Knowledgeable in tokens, US and foreign coinage, jewelry, bbcards, stamps and various collectibles.

Has a store front in a very nice part of San Jose.

Truly friendly and upstanding.

TRUTH

That's where I get my coins. Great guy, fascinating store.

Good start TRUTH. I've heard nothing but good things regarding this Dealer.

Excellent idea to expand this Service here.

I look forward to more.

Truth, thanks for the list of honest dealers. It came at a good time because I've about reached my limit with unscrupled dealers. It is very discouraging working on an uncirculated set of Walkers and get sliders at premium prices instead of what was advertised. I'm saving all three referenced dealers that you mentioned. Maybe I'll just deal exclusively with them. Thanks again. p.s. I hope that your name makes it on the list. Take care.

Victor

Truth, will you be placing a list of these dealers in an archive so they can be accessed over longer time periods? I think this is a great idea, and certainly very helpful for those of us who travel a bit!

This is good to hear. I've only had one deal with him that went alright, but not great. Maybe I'll give it another try. I know he has a lot of the US struck foreign coins that I am looking for.

Hi,

After my weekly references, I will be attaching a link to all the dealers I recommended with their respective specialties. Also, anyone can pose a question on where they live, and I will respond with a local dealer on my list. Unfortunately, many smaller areas of the country will not have a dealer who I can recommend, since this is a BIG country and my list is SHORT(less than 50). In addition, you may ask if I can recommend a dealer. If I can recommend him, I will post a happy face, if I cannot recommend him, I will post a 'question mark smilie'. If I totally think he/she is a creep, you'll get a PM.

TRUTH