• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submitting for Variety Plus service only?

10 posts in this topic

I have an 1827 Bust half graded AU-53 by NGC. Now if you know bust halves, the 1827 has a large number of Overton varieties, and I would just like this one attributed. How can I do that as I have not seen any information about resubmitting non-attributed coins for attribution?

If the coin is graded and encapsulated by NGC already, you can send the coin back for special designation for variety plus designation. Send the coin back in the NGC holder and ask for Variety Plus in this case an Overton number and we will attribute and re-holder the coin for you.

Ok, so it's just $10 per coin plus return shipping, they way it was worded I thought it was $10 for designation review + $7 for variety plus (i.e. $17 total per coin) + return shipping. What a can of worms I opened!

I always submit to NGC for variety plus after I have firmly determined the Overton variety. Even for someone who has practiced a lot it often takes a long time to determine the 1827 variety out of the 49 1827 varieties from which to choose.

NGC is working quite cheaply to attribute 1827 varieties for only $10 including the new holder.