• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEY YOU GUYS SAID THESE TYPE OF COINS ARE JUNK

29 posts in this topic

It's interesting, but it's a die crack. Nothing more. How this improves the value of a proof set that it resides in by 300 or 400 percent is beyond my comprehension.

Hoot

Based on the relative size of a quarter and a half dollar, the HD error is over double in size to your PMM's die crack, and in this case, the crack doesn't end at the rim, but actually cracks into the rim.

No, we said your coins were junk! You have never had a die crack like this one. This is a much better error than your errors. Just look at the size of the die crack, this is massive! Also , guess what, there isn't any bodily function you can associate with this "spiket Head" error!! Thank God! smile.gif

It is amazing to me how learned, experienced, coin collectors and dealers, who have studied coins for years, are so completely miss informed. It is also amazing to me how much knowledge and numismatic expertice comes from a trailer in Alabama! Holy Moley!!!!!

You can tell it's time to put a bullet in a thread when people begin repeating observations previously tendered. Although I suppose my reference to Miss Universe above didn't put a fine enough point on it.

Beijim

Go King. Tell us how important your "cracks" are, seems you're the only one of the few that sees the merit in your ur$@#*ingcoins. Please provide us with some pop figures so we can all learn and appreciate the rarity of your die cracks. You could be on to something, BUT we needs Facts!!! Education will go a long way in proving your case. smile.gif

If these coins are, in fact, important your method of marketing these coins cheapens the value. Describing them professionally will certainly assist you with seasoned collector's.

The three error dealers quoted in the link said the value was estimated at $100-$300.

To find out the true value, sell one to them and see what they pay.