• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Checkout this auction...(ANACS vs. PCGS)

13 posts in this topic

Impossible. PCGS is the best. They're #1 for moderns. They're the greatest. yeahok.gif

Bob's been working on his ANACS MS69 set for a long time. I recently sold him an NGC MS69. I can't wait to see what that one comes back.

As for this coin, the spot under OL in Olympiad will keep this coin out of a high grade slab at ANACS

I'm fairly certain when the coin got to PCGS they just slapped a label on it and sent it out the door. Of course, it probably sat in the mail room for 6 weeks so they can have the excuse to keep charging for their 3-day grading options. 893whatthe.gif

jom

I like ANACS about as much as NGC or PCGS, but I don't understand why someone is (apparently) pursuing a set of these in ANACS holders. Any insights? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I know that ANACS can be extremely conservative on moderns, but is there any compelling reason to cross a PCGS coin to an ANACS holder?

James

I like ANACS about as much as NGC or PCGS, but I don't understand why someone is (apparently) pursuing a set of these in ANACS holders. Any insights? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's a super easy set to put together in PCGS/NGC/ICG plastic, so he's added a realistic challenge to it.

I know that ANACS can be extremely conservative on moderns, but is there any compelling reason to cross a PCGS coin to an ANACS holder?

Honestly, the value of this coin in MS69 in ANY plastic is so small it's not like he's losing money by switching the plastic. I'm sure he considers it enjoyment. I have a set of coins in NGC plastic where there is no reason to put them into plastic except for morbid enjoyment. The fun I get from it outweighs the cost of the plastic.

James

link It sounds like he started the early commem collection than started the modern. Since the Early one is ANACS for continuation or whatever you call it he decided to keep up the them with ANACS moderns.

Now then thinking about it doesn't this mean that PCGS finally made the list... of compnies that can't grade moderns 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

On the list so Far is NTC, PCI, SEGS ( even though no one has actually found a "modern" SEGS coin), and ICG. This comprehensive four coin sample obviously shows every modern PCGS coin is horribly overgraded . Of course since PCGS is more conservative than NGC to many guilt by association says NGC should be on the list too. Well it has been decided ANACS is the only grading service that is always right with moderns. All hail.gif ANACS the new grading king!

grin.gifwink.gifstooges.gif

ANACS never grades coins "70". It seems to me that any coin in an ANACS 69 holder would have some intrigue because of this. Moreover, since TPGs have a percieved link between changing their inserts to changing their standards, this auction helps to dispel that perception.

ANACS never grades coins "70". It seems to me that any coin in an ANACS 69 holder would have some intrigue because of this.

Actually I have seen a few up for auction. I actually believe they were also being auctioned by him.

ANACS never grades coins "70". It seems to me that any coin in an ANACS 69 holder would have some intrigue because of this.

Actually I have seen a few up for auction. I actually believe they were also being auctioned by him.

I assume you mean 69s.

BTW Scalia is cool. thumbsup2.gif

I assume you mean 69s.

Well I just searched PCGS and found proof they exist. link Look at flaminio's first answer. I thought I saw him sell one but maybe I didn't 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Also here are some good videos from C-span with Scalia. link

So far I have watched the interview with Tim Russert, him, stephen Bryer and O'conner. That is very good. I also saw the one with him discussing interpretation of the constitution which you have to see. Tomorrow I am going to watch the one with him and Stephen Bryer on Foreign law in the supreme court. cloud9.gif I allready got a sneak peek on that one in the Tim Russert Interview. popcorn.gif

I assume you mean 69s.

Well I just searched PCGS and found proof they exist. link Look at flaminio's first answer. I thought I saw him sell one but maybe I didn't 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Also here are some good videos from C-span with Scalia. link

So far I have watched the interview with Tim Russert, him, stephen Bryer and O'conner. That is very good. I also saw the one with him discussing interpretation of the constitution which you have to see. Tomorrow I am going to watch the one with him and Stephen Bryer on Foreign law in the supreme court. cloud9.gif I allready got a sneak peek on that one in the Tim Russert Interview. popcorn.gif

I guess this answers my question. Interesting that Bob has the only ANACS MS69 1982-D GW (POP=1).

I've seen one. But there aren't many. My pop report shows 40 MS70s, total, for all modern commemoratives, and only *1* PF70 (a 1993-S Jefferson).

Thanks for the Scalia links. Rush Limbaugh once said that if he could have anyone else's brian, he'd take Scalia's.

Bob's been working on his ANACS MS69 set for a long time. I recently sold him an NGC MS69. I can't wait to see what that one comes back.

Judging by the pics, of your coin, I think he'll have a good shot.

Here's to a successful cross! bottoms_up.gif