• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jtryka Where Are you??

4 posts in this topic

You were neck-in-neck with me on Saints for a while. Now your set is not listed. Did you change your set collecting priorities? We had a pretty good competition going for a while.

Also, I finally found a couple Short Set, Half-Eagles (a MS63 1900-S and a MS63 1907-D upgrade) to add to my set. The MS63 1900-S, is definately a tougher date in higher MS grades. This set is a real challenge. Much more than I thought it would be. I have been working on it for several months and have not been able to finish it yet. I just can not find the coins that I need in decent MS grades.

I am still here! I'm not sure where you are looking, but my set is still there, but now ranked 7th (it's been there for a few months), though if my 08 Motto crosses, I will retake 6th! I just haven't been finding the nicer pieces at the right price for the last few months, so you've taken the lead. I am only about 10000 points behind though, so don't count me out yet. I have also been spending a little more time and resources with bust halves too.

Ah, you changed the name that you had on the set. That is what threw me! Saint prices with most dealers have gone out of sight. I was looking at a 1911-P Saint in MS63. The dealer wanted almost $2 Grand for a coin that catalogs at about 1/2 that price. I guess that means that we are starting another Bull-Market on gold. I have not been able to find any decent Saints in grades and dates that I want recently. That is why my set has been relatively stagnant.

I am glad that I bought most of the high-grade, common date coins before. Actually, the common dates are the ones that seem to kill you with price increases. The rare dates do not seem to rise (percentage wise) nearly as fast. Perhaps because they are already priced fairly high to begin with.

I hear you! I have almost abandoned my search for the common dates for now, and now I am looking for a 22-S, almost got a really nice one, and by the time I called it was sold!