• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

insured mail question

8 posts in this topic

What color is the domestic insured mail label? My Mom just mailed out a package for me with insurance on it. I had allready put a blue insured label on the package. She just called me telling me the postal employee said it had to be green confused.gif Now there was DC on the package so there must be a different green form. Now isn't the insured mail label blue?

Actually if its 0-$50.00 then it gets a round "Insured" stamp and a little green receipt form is used, the cost is lower and is only $1.30. If its $50.01 and up the blue label applies which is then stuck to the the package with its own receipt. The cost is $2.20 for $50.01-$100.00, $3.20 for $100.01-$200.00 and you add another $1.00 for each $100 of value. If you get to where the package is of a higher dollar amount (for me it's above $500), you really should send the package registered-insured. Which is a whole different kettle of fish with a bunch of other regulations regarding how you package the items. Christo_pull_hair.gif

-Kurt-

I find that the only problem I have with postal regs. is trying to explain them to the P.O. clerk!?!?

Ain't it the truth! foreheadslap.gif