• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1893-S Morgan FS on eBay

6 posts in this topic

Auction has a just over a day left. Very nice looking coin, needing a loop to it faults. Coin is graded by ANACS as EF details, but nets a F-12 because of Tooling & Whizzing.

The 'Whizzing' moniker makes me think of hairlines on the coin. This is not the case. In reality the coin, according to a local dealer, is that the coin was dipped in some sort of strong cleaner that left the surface irregular.....somewhat 'matte-like'. This was daone some time ago as the coin has started to 'retone' a natural color, it is not bright white.

I cannot comment too much on the tooling as this is the only coin I've seen tooled, but I can say that I needed a loop to finally see it, pictures are provided showing what I saw.

This is a great deal for someone looking assemble a raw sent, or doesn't mind paying half of the details price ($9500-10,000) for a problem coin.

From his explanation "across the street"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I messed up, wanting to allow buuyers to have the option of using Pay(up the nose)-(NOT my)pal, but adding the cost to the buyer.

This is against eBay policy & they yanked my auction!

I might relist...or might change my mind & keep it.

Live & learn.......