• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NCS Authentication, But Not Slabbed

2 posts in this topic

Will NCS authenticate and issue an insert for a numismatic item that cannot fit in a slab?

I have what might be a die trial on a hunk of flat metal that I'd be interested in submitting for authentication. There is some minor damage that I think might keep it from being graded by NGC. It's too big for a slab. If NCS can authenticate it, will they and will they issue an insert?

NCS can create a photo certificate for items that may be too large to fit in a slab. Our photo certificate is similar to NGC's with a high resolution image of both sides of the coin along with an NCS label. This photo certificate can be created with either the genuine only or details grade services. Just as with our regular certification, if your piece can be graded with NGC, it will be transferred for an NGC photo certificate.

Chris, NCS