• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maybe blaming NCS for dipping coins is not the right thing to do?

33 posts in this topic

Great Banana!! Where did you find it?

901240-ban-cha.gif901240-ban-cha.gif901240-ban-cha.gif

I may do Florida although I lived there for 9 months for Nuclear Power School in the Navy. Will do the West Coast if I do.

901240-ban-cha.gif.5cff0744a250551b99b962dd8d7abe6c.gif

I've only skimmed the replies here, but I think one has to link the supply of dipped coins to the demand for coins that have been altered. As for the establishment of NCS, they do some nice work that sometimes needs to be done and at other times is optional.

I have used them once and have sent in coins to them one other time for a friend. The one time I used them was when I sent in a PCGS MS64 1932 Washington to them that had obvious and damaging dip residue on the coin. It came back accurately graded in an NGC MS65 holder. In that invoice was also a toned Morgan that was sent in for a friend and they were able to remove some crud on the coin without disturbing the surface.

The other time I sent a coin to NCS it was also a toned Morgan that a friend thought would look much better with the toning removed and NCS refused to dip the coin and they included a note that they thought dipping that piece would harm its eye appeal and be contradictory to their service.

I already did an assignment in Shelbyville and also lived in Great lakes and Zion while I was in the Navy. I'm running out of places to go. I may go to New Zealand before too long.

How about Florida 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Also how do you like the new banana? Just watch him for a while.

ban-cha.gif

I am mezmerized by the banana! Is it doing the macarena?