• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A nice NGC Luncheon at ANA

15 posts in this topic

I want to thaank NGC for hosting a very nice Luncheon Saturday afternoon at the ANA Show. There were a bunch of board members and registry participants in attendance and we were each given a NGC Multi holder promotional slab with a pedigree to the lunch along with David Lang's new book "History of the United State Mint and its Coinage."

The catered meal was great and there was a question and answer forum afterwards. Thanks NGC!

Cameron Kiefer

It was unfortunate I had to miss the luncheon. I heard it was very nice. Is it true they gave out ANA luncheon sample slabs?

TRUTH

I am not allowed to sell sample slabs anymore. I cannot buy or sell regular coins either because of my job. I would not sell it even if I could. She saved me #1 and its going into my collection.

Cameron Kiefer

Great lunch! Especially when Mark spoke of the ideas going forward about the National Numismatic Collection and long term plans for it's restoration to glory. Only bad part was the security guards making so much noise while trying to mooch a free meal. The luncheon slab was a nice touch. David's book was the bomb. Class outfit - you becha!

It was a great lunch. Too bad I could not stay for long. I was only there for 30 minutes. I had to catch a plane to go to my science meetings (my real job). David Lange's new book covers the history of the US mint. I read pats of it as I was waiting at the airport. There are lots of interesting facts in his book I have never read before.

Cameron did get the #1 2005 ANA show slab. Someone even tried to trade with him (when he was away getting lunch). When Cameron returned, the first thing he did was to check his slab to make sure he had #1.

Cameron did get the #1 2005 ANA show slab. Someone even tried to trade with him (when he was away getting lunch). When Cameron returned, the first thing he did was to check his slab to make sure he had #1.

hi.gif

hi.gif

I wonder who that was???????

It took Cameron 2.8 milliseconds to notice his slab was not set #1.

I hope NGC keeps these up as I will likely be able to attend in Atlanta next year. Of course I'll have to find somewhere to send my wife and daughter... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Atlanta huh??? The home of Coca-Cola!! If you go and have the time, go see the World of Coca-Cola museum. I collect Coca-Cola items and that museum is a must see.

I've been to Stone Mountain, Six Flags and the Atlanta Zoo, but I haven't been to the Coca-Cola museum. Here's my only Coca-Cola item. It's copyright 1996 so it's not old.

893278-coke.jpg

893278-coke.jpg.d08b6e852e68a9e26646daeddefbd56e.jpg

It's worth going to. I had a high school friend show me around. When we reached the gift shop, I asked her to sit down since I would be a while. If you want Coca-Coal socks, that is the place to get a pair.