• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first NGC Submission!

10 posts in this topic

Well, I got my submission kit today, and will be completing the forms and sending the coins in tomorrow! This will be my first submission with the 5 freebies:

Coin #1

1807 Half Obverse

1807 Half Reverse

Coin #2

1810 Half Obverse

1810 Half Reverse

Coin #3

1831 Half Obverse

1831 Half Reverse

Coin #4

1958-D Half Obverse

1958-D Half Reverse

and Coin #5

1916-S Saint Obverse

1916-S Saint Reverse

I have my own guesses on the grades, but I will keep them private for now!

Early halves are wonderful coins, do you need help with Overton attribution or are you having NGC attribute them for you?

I was just going to pay the $5 fee and have them attribute them unless I need the varieties beforehand for them to do that? confused.gif I am trying to do the online form, but it doesn't deduct the coupon for the 5 free earlybirds am I doing something wrong?

1) I think you are supposed to supply the Overton number. However, out of several varieties I have asked NGC to attribute, for one reason or another I have told them the wrong variety on most of the submissions. blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif They corrected it.

2) The online form does not deduct for the coupon. If the submission is going to cost $115 ($100 for grading and $15 for shipping), even if you check the "I have a coupon" box, at the end of the submission form it still says you owe $115. If you pay by credit card, just forget about it. They will only bill you for the correct amount. If you're paying by check, just deduct it yourself and there won't be any problem.

Very exciting! They received the shipment and this invoice is "scheduled for grading!" I wonder where the other two are? shocked.gif Anyway, as my first experience with NGC, it's kinda fun to see the virtual "play by play" on the internet!

Can someone post the different steps in grading? NGC has received my submissions, and now they are "scheduled for grading" what other steps should I be looking for?

Next is Grading, then Quality Control, then Finalized/Imaged/Shipped. Then hopefully grin.gif, but tht's up to you.

Hoot