• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks like SGS has expanded into the realm of Morgan Dollars...

9 posts in this topic

My last dealing with Abon involved '82 Washington commems that were graded SGS PF70. Both of the coins had multiple nicks visible to the naked eye on Washington's face and the muzzle of the horse. At least I can say that Abon was prompt with my refund, but I do wonder if SGS shouldn't revamp their OJT Program for Graders.

Chris

The coin actually looks decent. Further proof that you can't grade a coin from a picture.

Pictures do bite for grading. They only give you an idea but this by no means looks like a 66 to me.

The coin actually looks decent. Further proof that you can't grade a coin from a picture.

I agree,the picture almost makes it look like it's accurately graded 893whatthe.gif

It's probably really and AU-58 27_laughing.gif

It amazes me that nothing can be done about this systematic screwing of thousands of customers. The FTC could probably do something about it, but probably no one who has lost a ton of money (i.e. the New England Rare Coin Galleries case) and brought it to their attention.

mad.gif