• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boring ebay transaction post( please look only when you have time to kill)

15 posts in this topic

1.Won a coin on eBay on April 11th, sent money(paypal) on the same day.

2.Waited for a month but the package didn't arrive, so sent an e-mail to the seller.

3.Seller got back to me saying he hadn't shipped yet, but he would.

4.A week later I got his reply, I sent him an e-mail to make sure he'd shipped the coin.

5.Got a reply from him again saying he had shipped the package already...also told me he would get back to me with the tracking# on the package.

6.Sent 3 e-amils asking to tell me the tracking#.....no reply.

7.Waited for more than a month after my last e-mail to him, but no coin, no reply.

8.So I negged this seller calling him" thief" and I decided to forget about this coin.

9.Saw another pretty coin of the same date from other seller on eBay, won it, recieved it.

10. To my surprise, the coin I won on April11th arrived today!! 893whatthe.gif

According to Fedex, the package has been shipped by the seller on June20th so what he said in his last reply wasn't true, but he shipped anyway....and I like this coin.

On the other hand, I wouldn't have bought another coin of the same date if he had shipped the coin faster...he shipped the coin 70days after my payment.

Now what should I do with the negative feedback I left on him?

I would never deal with this seller again, but I should withdraw my feedback(if possible) because he shipped the coin anyway?....at least he wasn't a thief.

Did he ship before or after you left the feedback? If after then leave it. Let it be a reminder to him. If before then change it to neutral to show slooooow shipping practices.

Did he ship before or after you left the feedback?

He shipped the coin 2 weeks after I left a negative to him.

BUT , there was a big mistake in my first post. I thought now I own two coins of the same date, but one of them had a D mint mark, so they are same dates, but different mint marks.

Did he already leave you positive feedback, or could he hit you with a negative?

I think you can only change it as part of a dispute, but since you now have the coin(s) there's nothing to dispute.

I would likely note the fact that it took 70 days and numerous emails to receive your items, if the chance arrives. If not, he earned the bad rap anyway.

No, he hasn't left me a feedback yet.

Leaving a negative to me isn't a big concern.

But, I kinda feel sorry for the seller for leaving negative.

He obviously shipped the item after I left negative on him.

I think he's very lazy, but not a dishonest man.

I wonder if I should leave it as it is or contact him to withdraw my feedback on him.

Screw him. Don't even worry about the neg you left him and just move on. He brought this on himself. He is 100% responsible for everything that happened.

Not only wouldn't I worry about it, but if he approached me thru eBay about removing the feedback, I'd fight it as that neg deserves to stay.

Did he ship before or after you left the feedback?

He shipped the coin 2 weeks after I left a negative to him.

BUT , there was a big mistake in my first post. I thought now I own two coins of the same date, but one of them had a D mint mark, so they are same dates, but different mint marks.

Keep both coins and Since he shipped after the neg then tell to shove it. View it as his payment for you buying the second coin. You can always sell the second.

Although he brought the neg on all by himself, I think that you can amend your comment with the fact that you received the coin 70 days after payment, and include his ship date. It puts your comment about him being a theif into context.

Hoot

Thanks for comments/advice.

I think I would like to go with Hoot's advice, but is there any way to change my comments?

There is no way to change your comments or the rating, but you can add more comments. I'm not sure how as I've never needed to do it.

Looking thru his feedback, it looks like he has a bad habit of not sending the items. Screw him, he is a scumbag! Leave the feedback as is.

And just for fun, three months from now I'd contact him asking about a return privilege. devil.gif

BTW, if the coin looks like the picture, I think you got a good deal.

Perhaps my response shows that I am not the most compassionate person in the world, however, I would leave the original negative without modification.

And just for fun, three months from now I'd contact him asking about a return privilege.

27_laughing.gif But I'll have to wait for another 3 months for refunds wink.gif

If there's no way to change my first comment, I'll leave as it is.

Thnanks everyone for advice laugh.gif

Just for update.

The seller forwarded this issue to "square trade" and I got a message from them today.

Yes, I'm going to fight....with my poor English wink.gif

WIsh me luck devil.gif