• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Women's Quarters that say "in cod we trust"
1 1

6 posts in this topic

These are the women's Error quarters I have, Wilma Mankiller p&d mint, Anna May Wong p&d mint, Edith kanaka'ole d mint, Dr Sally Ride p&d mint, jovita idar p&d mint, Patsy takemoto mink d mint and as I said, I have p and d mint in several of them and they have other defects as well. Including George Washington drooling and a few others. I also have a bicentennial quarter where the drummer has 3 fingers on each hand. Does anyone know if any of the women's quarters will be worth anything? 

Screenshot_20241002_142000_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240930_165735_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240930_165628_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240920_182646_eBay.jpg

On 10/27/2024 at 12:53 PM, Mike0114 said:

These are the women's Error quarters I have, Wilma Mankiller p&d mint, Anna May Wong p&d mint, Edith kanaka'ole d mint, Dr Sally Ride p&d mint, jovita idar p&d mint, Patsy takemoto mink d mint and as I said, I have p and d mint in several of them and they have other defects as well. Including George Washington drooling and a few others. I also have a bicentennial quarter where the drummer has 3 fingers on each hand. Does anyone know if any of the women's quarters will be worth anything? 

Screenshot_20241002_142000_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240930_165735_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240930_165628_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240920_182646_eBay.jpg

The last picture is the exact coin I have too. 

Welcome Mike. Where I live it is the truth. In Cod We Trust, also Halibut, Dogfish and Skates. They are all good money fish. Oh and Lobsta

Now as far as Error Quarters go most are only very small varieties that amount to poor quality control. 

Edited by J P M

Welcome to the NGC chat board.

Unfortunately, you are one of many victims of a plague of false or exaggerated information about coins on the internet, especially by dishonest or ignorant people who are trying to make fast money. Please read the following recent article by a prominent coin dealer: Jeff Garrett: Fake News and Misinformation in Numismatics | NGC.

These widespread falsehoods include claims that coins that have minor anomalies, were damaged or altered after being struck, or are even perfectly normal coins are valuable "mint errors". In the case of American Women quarters, all of them appear to have a "G" in the motto that at a cursory view could be taken for a "C". (Perhaps they were intended for a nation of fishermen!) Can you show us any pieces with a differently styled "G"? 

The pieces described by internet hucksters as "drooling George" are typically coins with die chips, which are very common and an expected result of die wear, each pair of dies being typically used to strike several hundred thousand coins. Die chips are regarded as quality control issues, not mint errors, are of little interest or value to serious collectors, and are not attributable by leading third-party grading services. 

We can't tell without seeing it what may have caused any anomaly on your Bicentennial quarter, though it is likely wear, damage, or a filled die or weak strike--also generally quality control issues, not mint errors. You may post clear, full coin images of this piece as a new topic for our opinions.

Circulation issue American Women quarters are likely to have mintages of several hundred million per design and mint and will almost certainly never be "rare" as such. The 2025 edition "Red Book" only has mintage figures for the 2022 issues, which range from 219,200,000 (2022-D Nina Otero Warren) to 310,000,000 (2022-P Wilma Mankiller). If you want to save some for future generations of collectors, choose the best ones you can find--those that are in uncirculated condition, have a minimum of blemishes, full strikes, and brilliant luster. Look for the best examples of the minter's art, not the worst!

Please see the following forum topics for legitimate print and online resources from which you can learn about U.S. coins and how to collect them: