• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

99 Mule clash die?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

To the OP, you do realize this particular clash is difficult to find and as far as finding it in pocket change, you are about as close to finding one in cash register change as you are winning either the Powerball or Mega Millions?

You have posted another of these as hopeful that you have one and I do not see anything but another ordinary cent. These are not just floating around in the wild in quantity. Also, you include a screen shot of a legitimate one yet, you cannot seem to see that yours does not look like the legit one.

I am not saying not to look for something, but just being hopeful what you found in circulation is one is not getting you anywhere on this.

You also seem to be seeing corrosion damage that you believe to be this clash. Are you aware that corrosion would make it all the more harder to see it and if there is enough corrosion as in the one that has black on it, that could make it unattributable? This is a question I am asking of you and I would like you to answer it please.

Edited by powermad5000

Errors are not something you find every day or every year. It could even be a lifetime of searching. I roll hunt almost every night, I enjoy it. I only look for coins I am trying to fill folders with and anything else is a bonus. I have been doing this for years on a good night I can search 10 rolls an hour. After years of hunting, I only have a handful of error coins. If you enjoy the hunt great but do not expect to find that extra rare coin they talk about on the internet right away.

On 10/22/2024 at 6:52 AM, J P M said:

Errors are not something you find every day or every year. It could even be a lifetime of searching....

If you enjoy the hunt great but do not expect to find that extra rare coin they talk about on the internet right away.

WHERE IS KURT?  THIS'D DO HIM PROUD.  TOP-NOTCH DANNY DOWNER STUFF:

THE METAL DISCS THAT PASS FOR CENTS TODAY ARE GREATLY INFERIOR TO THE COPPER ONES OF YORE.

RRMEMBER THAT COMMERCIAL (BEFORE EMINEM WAS BORN) "THEY MELT IN YOUR MOUTH, NOT IN YOUR HAND."? THEY AIN'T EVEN CLOSE TO BEING THE REAL THING.

THERE IS ENTITELY TOO MUCH OF THIS "ERROR?" FIXATION GOING ON.  AND THEN, IF THAT'S NOT ENOUGH, OVERMAGNIFICATION RIGHT DOWN TO PIXELATED PAREIDOLIA.  ERRORS TODAY WERE (AND PROBABLY STILL ARE THE) THE GOLD ROOSTERS OF YESTERYEAR. THEY WERE THERE, BUT COMPRISED A VAPOR IN A HOBBY THAT WAS TOP-HEAVY WITH CARS THAT ONCE HAD CHROME BUMPERS.

I DO NOT AND NEVER ACTIVELY SOUGHT ERRORS, BUT ALWAYS FOUND THEM TO BE INTERESTING.  THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PANNING FOR GOLD AS A PASTIME AND DEDICATING YOUR ENTIRE LIFE AND RESOURCES TO LOCATING THE "Nuestra Senora de Atocha" SHIPWRECK. THERE IS ALWAYS THE CHANCE THAT YOU WILL BECOME THE NEXT MEL FISHER BUT THERE IS A MORE REALISTIC PROBABILITY YOU WON'T.

NOTHING I SAY, OR ANY SEASONED VETERAN SAYS, IS MEANT TO DETER YOU FROM TRYING, BUT IF SOMEONE COMES TO YOU (AT LEAST IN MY FIELD) AND SAYS HE'S FOUND A KINK IN THE ARMOR OF ADX-FLORENCE, I WILL LISTEN POLITELY BUT ROLL MY EYES BEHIND HIS BACK.

Nope.  Errors are not a great place to start in this hobby unless you want a pocket of damages, face value coins.  There are too many ways for a coin to be damaged, and if you don't have the trained eyes for errors, you are in for a rough ride.

Additionally, error market is fairly thin.  Even true minor errors on damaged coins will be nearly impossible to sell. Even error collector want nice coins.  So, you will be better served finding "nice" coins.

Edited by The Neophyte Numismatist