• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

one dollar for twenty five cents?? I love it!!!!

7 posts in this topic

many many thanks (and free dollars) to the united states mint!!

I have received a conservitave estimate of 40+ susan b. anthony dollars in luew of quarters!!! Yes!! thats right. dollars given as quarters!! One time i received 4

of them in one transaction!!!

do i feel bad about it??? ..................... NO!!!

I did not realize this had taken place until i had left the store!

ok ok ok !!!!!! I am an honest person. no. i will not drive back for something like that though. If im in a store and they hand me an extra five spot.. yes believe it or not, i would give it back!!

Im sure this has happened to many of you. Hasnt it??????

tonight, I gave my susan b anthony dollar to my employer. I showed it to him and

well, the rest is history!!

happy hunting!!

mike. grin.gif

dont forget people, proof sets are a wonderful way to collect!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Mike,

This brings back to mind something that happened to me yesterday. I went to my local post office to send out a coin I sold on eBay. The postage came to $3.03. I gave the guy behind the counter a five dollar bill and he asked if I had any change.

I told him that I did not have any change, which was true. He began to go on about how I should make sure that I have change when I come to the post office, especially on a Monday. I had no idea what he was talking about and I know from having to deal with him in the past that he is a complainer so I paid him no mind.

Anyway he gave me my change and I left. After I got home I went to put the change he gave me into a change holder I keep on my desk and noticed that two of the quarters looked white. Sure enough he had given me two 1964 silver quarters!

Before this I had not received silver in change in probably six or seven years!

I must admit that I felt great satisfaction in the thought that after having to hear his complaining at lest I got paid! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

John

ha ha ha !!yaa I like, i like a lot. thanks for the reply john!

and ya know, many postal workers are kind of weird anyway!!

thanks mike. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

This is precisely why I don't like SBAs! I had a few sitting around, and I knew that I could easily spend them as quarters, so I took them to the bank with my last deposit, and I felt bad for the kid, who was probably 18 or younger, one of those High School programs for after school jobs, and he kept counting and counting and finally a little embarrassed, he said, "sir, I'm sorry but you are $3 short." So I quickly pointed out his error, and he looked closely at them and the clouds of confusion parted! So, if a bank teller, presumably trained in the intricacies of our currency has problems, imagine what the poor clerk at McDonalds goes through!