• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

230th Anniversary Flowing Hair
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Is there a special label for the 230th anniversary silver Flowing Hair medal? If there is, I sure can’t find it anywhere. 

Edited by Murphy81
Spelling

On 10/20/2024 at 12:31 AM, Murphy81 said:

230th anniversary silver Flowing Hair medal

This piece is priced around $399 that's a big chunk of change for an ounce of silver. I see one label so far. Not something I would invest in but people like this stuff. 

On 10/20/2024 at 5:39 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/13375/

Did you win the Mint's lottery and score one with a privy mark?

I won the mint's lottery!

Edit: not sure if I should submit this with standard or express grading though. Looking at eBay, express might be the way to go

Edited by Puddincoins

On 10/21/2024 at 6:16 PM, PrincePuddin said:

Edit: not sure if I should submit this with standard or express grading though. Looking at eBay, express might be the way to go

I'm assuming that you're going to sell this, if that's the case my first inclination would be to sell it now, as is, and not go through the trouble and expense of getting this graded. It depends on several factors, what you think this would be worth graded 70 vs 69 vs raw, the cost of having it graded, the odds of it grading 70, etc... If you're going to keep it for your personal collection then what's the rush. 

Honestly I'm surprised that anyone gives a rat's patootie about these. One, they are medals which traditionally have a much smaller collector base. Two, I'm guessing that there is no registry set for them. Three, they are hideous.