• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any information you can give me on this
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Whatever happened to it, it didn’t happen during the striking of the coin. PMD
Sometimes unless you were there at the time, you can’t always know how a coin
got damaged but it shouldn’t really matter, damage is still damage.

Is it the proper size for a quarter? It just does not look like the dimensions are right somehow

It looks like it has been flattened out around the rims expanding the size.

On 10/16/2024 at 10:07 AM, Ar.maks.u.wet said:

Whould sum thing like this be worth anything 

No. It's a damaged coin. You'd have trouble getting a merchant to accept it as a real coin!

Whatever these ridges you keep referring to mean absolutely nothing. This extremely damaged quarter is only worth face value as it can still be ascertained by what little is left that it WAS a quarter, but you may have a hard time finding a merchant or bank that will actually accept the junk that it is for 25 cents. You need to try to pass that hot garbage off as soon as possible!

On 10/16/2024 at 10:18 PM, Ar.maks.u.wet said:

Ya it's the size of a quarter and what's odd is even on the sides were it's indented there is still ridges and also still same thickness 

Are you implying that this is a waffled coin? It looks more like someone tried to make it look this way for the chance to fool a new-mismatic.

Search Results for “Waffle coin” (error-ref.com)

A coin that is waffled (cancelled) looks nothing like the OP's coin. I have one waffled coin. The waffling process leaves basically no design left and makes the coin impossible to use in any machine and would also cause any merchant to not accept it as payment. Here is a photo of my waffled coin.

PXL_20220208_213017923.MP~3.jpg

On 10/21/2024 at 12:25 AM, VKurtB said:

Mmm. Waffles. Got any genuine maple syrup?

There is nothing like real Canadian maple syrup. I've only had it once when we had breakfast in Ely, MN. Tastes nothing like the processed stuff they sell in stores.

On 10/21/2024 at 11:06 AM, powermad5000 said:

There is nothing like real Canadian maple syrup. I've only had it once when we had breakfast in Ely, MN. Tastes nothing like the processed stuff they sell in stores.

The Adirondacks New York and Vermont stuff is pretty great too.