• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IM NEW 2 THIS SO BE EASY ON ME
1 1

45 posts in this topic

On 10/14/2024 at 7:42 PM, Sandon said:

See how this approach worked out for the person who is recommending it:

Yeap! I sure did because I know that of the 300+ pennies I have, at least 90% are DDB'S. And the others also also have variety errors. Keep'on laughing.

On 10/14/2024 at 7:47 AM, COIN QUEEN1 said:

I truly think I have discovered a new error in the 151 wheat penny... I don't know the correct terms to use  but it weighs 2.14g... Fully legible to see all wheat detail's..I have google a million times and not 1 person I found has mention anything about this coin... I'm I tripping...getting too excited about nothing please let me know what you guys thinks..*COIN QUEEN 

You maybe shocked by the negativity from certain members or "Know It All's". However, a legitimate question is, "Is it possible natural weathering too erode coinage while relative details are intact?"..."Henri Charrie..."

COIN QUEEN, you have the negative, positive & undecided. You can either submit here of "CONECA" for expertise attribution.

On 10/24/2024 at 9:01 AM, imnotaminion said:

You maybe shocked by the negativity from certain members or "Know It All's". However, a legitimate question is, "Is it possible natural weathering too erode coinage while relative details are intact?"..."Henri Charrie..."

COIN QUEEN, you have the negative, positive & undecided. You can either submit here of "CONECA" for expertise attribution.

Should've been "...submit here OR..."

On 10/14/2024 at 10:28 AM, COIN QUEEN1 said:

20241014_102659.jpg

20241014_102646.jpg

20241014_102622.jpg

You are an exceedingly fortunate person. A review of your reverse, with half the USoA virtually obliterated, qualifies you for Federal Disaster Aid.  On some forums, pieces like this command a quite respectable $10,000.

On 10/24/2024 at 8:35 AM, imnotaminion said:

Still "AIN'T" AKA slang for have not opposed too applying an apostrophe"T for haven't gotten your "Charrie Popped" is precisely obvious.

My friend, your reply, replete with a command of the standard English language seldom if ever found on a 600-school, school yard, is too unintelligible for me to decipher.  It's either that, or perhaps I no longer have the patience to spend quality time irretrievably lost in trying to understand it.  One thing for sure, if you do not shape up and ship out, you will be the ideal mark for those who are skilled in separating the befuddled from their money.  I say the following with the deepest sense of concern, sincerity, and despair:  Do not issue a declaration stating you are not a minion of others. Prove it, or spend the requisite time required to master the language of the realm to enable you to master matters concerning the coin of the realm.  I shall waive the bill for advice imparted in good faith.

On 10/24/2024 at 1:05 PM, Henri Charriere said:

My friend, your reply, replete with a command of the standard English language seldom if ever found on a 600-school, school yard, is too unintelligible for me to decipher.  It's either that, or perhaps I no longer have the patience to spend quality time irretrievably lost in trying to understand it.  One thing for sure, if you do not shape up and ship out, you will be the ideal mark for those who are skilled in separating the befuddled from their money.  I say the following with the deepest sense of concern, sincerity, and despair:  Do not issue a declaration stating you are not a minion of others. Prove it, or spend the requisite time required to master the language of the realm to enable you to master matters concerning the coin of the realm.  I shall waive the bill for advice imparted in good faith.

🤣

And for the record, "imnotaminion" I hewed because it is comedy & hilarious. I wish truth's too surface, right now, about how your kinds have & does assaults me since at least I was 8y/o that Friday, September 1969 in my 3rd grade class at "Jackson Primary School" Dayton Ohio because retroactively regarding your types, literally, "I AM NOT YOURS AND NEITHER ANY-ALL'S MINION"; PUNK!

On 10/24/2024 at 11:05 AM, LOCK34 said:

Does anyone have a Gibberish to English translator that I may borrow please?

Not sure it would help, you have two that are talking gibberish to each other and they cannot even understand what the other is saying.  :roflmao:

On 10/24/2024 at 8:48 AM, imnotaminion said:

Yeap! I sure did because I know that of the 300+ pennies I have, at least 90% are DDB'S. And the others also also have variety errors. Keep'on laughing.

First, there would need to be such an acronym as DDB, and there isn’t. There is DDO and DDR, but no DDB. The other unfortunate truth is that most ALLEGED DDO’s and DDR’s actually are nothing of the sort, but rather strike doubling, which is worthless. I fear for our OP’s inevitable comeuppance experience. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 10/24/2024 at 2:05 PM, LOCK34 said:

Does anyone have a Gibberish to English translator that I may borrow please?

It would not surprise me at all if someone had the initiative to pen a handbook called "Gibberish for Dummies."⁰

On 10/24/2024 at 1:31 PM, imnotaminion said:

🤣

And for the record, "imnotaminion" I hewed because it is comedy & hilarious. I wish truth's too surface, right now, about how your kinds have & does assaults me since at least I was 8y/o that Friday, September 1969 in my 3rd grade class at "Jackson Primary School" Dayton Ohio because retroactively regarding your types, literally, "I AM NOT YOURS AND NEITHER ANY-ALL'S MINION"; PUNK!

Upon information and belief, while your date is correct, your logistics are off.  Wayne Rainey occupied Chamber No. 1 of "the Mile" at Montgomery County's [Facility]  I have been trying to locate, without success, his present whereabouts.  That was over 50 years ago.  If perchance you would know, feel free to PM me.

On 10/15/2024 at 6:26 PM, COIN QUEEN1 said:

What does have it slabbed mean?? Im not familiar with the lingo here….. It has everything any other Wheatie has it also have some type of carving around the rim…. Are you guys here to be helpful or make new comers RUN!!!

As others have told you having a coin slabbed is to send it in to a third-party grading service company (TPGS for short) to be authenticated, graded and certified. Also a slab is a coin that has been slabbed.

Don't be daunted by some of the posts members post here *MOST* mean well, but are very quick to the point and there are varying opinions. My opinion: DO NOT send this in to be slabbed, from the evidence posted here there is a very small chance for it to be an error. If it was then it wouldn't be too valuable, maybe a few dollars at best, plus grading fee's are very pricey.  But if you truly believe it to be an error coin: bring it to a coin shop. They will tell you almost right away. If it is an error I still wouldn't send it in, but you could try to sell it raw (ungraded). But when it comes down to it there is a small chance of it being an error. 

Please note: Finding error coins is extremely hard, and though I have come across ONE in four years of keeping an eye open, it is not valuable, worth about 25 cents if anything at all. Error hunting not a recommended way to start the hobby.

=)

On 10/25/2024 at 10:11 AM, ThePhiladelphiaPenny said:

Also a slab is a coin that has been slabbed.

Sorry to be technical, but a slab is the plastic that the coin sits in.

A coin that is slabbed has been professionally graded and put INTO a slab (the plastic).