• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Today's Coin Find
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I remember that some years ago there was an article in The Numismatist devoted to 1964 dated nickels with an emphasis on how to get rid of "this pesky coin" that was so frequently seen in circulation decades after it was issued. One suggestion was to blast as many millions of them as possible into deep space!

On 10/12/2024 at 10:34 AM, Sandon said:

I remember that some years ago there was an article in The Numismatist devoted to 1964 dated nickels with an emphasis on how to get rid of "this pesky coin" that was so frequently seen in circulation decades after it was issued. One suggestion was to blast as many millions of them as possible into deep space!

I don't remember this but I do know there have been many articles about specific denominations that stated something long ago, usually in regards to values that never came to fruition. I remember one article I read from long ago that stated Franklin Half dollars were the "hidden find" in the future marketplace and their values would explode in the future. Here we are decades later but I have yet to see this "explosion" on these halves as I am still finding higher quality raw ones for between $10 and $20.

As far as that nickel, that is a really nice one for a circulation Jefferson. Good find @J P M!

On 10/13/2024 at 3:47 PM, powermad5000 said:

....I remember one article I read from long ago that stated Franklin Half dollars were the "hidden find" in the future marketplace and their values would explode in the future. Here we are decades later but I have yet to see this "explosion" on these halves as I am still finding higher quality raw ones for between $10 and $20.....

I may be mistaken, but the honor of whether any coin is hot, or not, has been exclusively accorded to @cladking .   :roflmao: