• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bolivian Gold
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Your photo white balance looks way off, unless the background you took the photos on is really that yellow.  As a result I cannot tell if the coin shows any wear or not from the photos.

Gold is hard to give an accurate grade from a picture. even a good photo is a tough one to call.

Hello and welcome!

I can only hope that the rumblings in the meteorology circles that they are seeing what could be another tropical disturbance forming and taking the same path as Milton in the next seven days turns out to be not true and you can catch a break down there and recover. That said, I am not sure why in the middle of chaos you would be worried about looking at coins at this particular moment, but I am glad your situation is not as dire and leaves you the room to check out coins.

I am unfortunately suspect that the coin (which is actually coming up as bullion) is actually genuine. Please refer to the photos from the NGC World Price guide that I have put here. I don't know if it is just your phone, but some things look to be "off" such as your specimen is missing basically all of the fine detail this coin should have as well as some lettering looking to be slightly off to me.

https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/world/bolivia-3-1-2-gramos-x-15-1952-cuid-1035200-duid-1272173

If this coin was bullion, it is not likely it should have circulated to wear off such fine detail. I will let some of the others look for themselves and offer their opinions but so far, if you can't provide clearer, better images to see if these fine details are actually on the surface of your coin, I would be unsure of the authenticity of your piece.