• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this the legit 1975 no s roosevelt dime ? Someone please confirm
1 1

7 posts in this topic

It sure is!!  it is a Philadelphia Roosevelt.  they did not put mint marks on the business strikes from philly sorry :(  but "There can be only one"  

You are confusing the extremely rare 1975 "No S" proof dime (2 known, originating in 1975 proof sets and having a mirror finish), with an ordinary 1975 dime struck in Philadelphia for circulation, which had a mintage of 585,673,900 pieces. Dimes struck at the Philadelphia mint before 1980 do not have mint marks.

Does NOBODY think it's important to understand what a proof coin is?

On 10/7/2024 at 1:07 PM, VKurtB said:

Does NOBODY think it's important to understand what a proof coin is?

Most don't care to learn about coins. Many (and I am not saying the OP necessarily is one of them) get hold of a tidbit of information and go wild in their mind that they have a coin worth a bunch of money. I can only imagine it stems from internet misinformation, and lately I seem to be thinking that many of these things are arising from some bogus post on social media be it Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter (I refuse to call it you know what) or something else. Think back for a bit and you will see a pattern. These things come in waves. For a time a while ago, we got a bunch of posts about Kennedy halves and specifically those with accented hair. A recent one is the rash of Bicentennial quarters with filled mintmarks. Seems to me some bozo who has not a clue about how to even dress themselves finds something in circulation and makes a social media post that they found a coin in their pocket and they are going to sell it and retire.

I apologize to the OP for this discourse in this thread. Carry on please.