• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coin Folder
1 1

14 posts in this topic

On 10/3/2024 at 5:37 PM, Just Bob said:

That should provide plenty of opportunity to spend some quality time with your grandson. Nice pickup.(thumbsu

I hope he can develop patience. Typically, about 45-50 of the holes will be filled rather quickly, and the remaining 6-11 will seem to be hiding from him. I had both this one and the State Quarter one to fill with my son while they were being issued. 

On 10/3/2024 at 7:45 PM, VKurtB said:

I hope he can develop patience. Typically, about 45-50 of the holes will be filled rather quickly, and the remaining 6-11 will seem to be hiding from him. I had both this one and the State Quarter one to fill with my son while they were being issued. 

Yes there are a few of the hard-to-find ones. Well luckily his Papa collects coins and has enough of these saved to make four sets. 

Sorta Fun.jpg

On 10/3/2024 at 6:52 PM, J P M said:

Yes there are a few of the hard-to-find ones. Well luckily his Papa collects coins and has enough of these saved to make four sets. 

Sorta Fun.jpg

Kewl.

On 10/3/2024 at 8:06 PM, VKurtB said:

Kewl.

It should not take long to fill the holes. The only disadvantage is I will be supporting that instant gratification syndrome of the new generation we all dislike so much.

On 10/3/2024 at 7:11 PM, J P M said:

It should not take long to fill the holes. The only disadvantage is I will be supporting that instant gratification syndrome of the new generation we all dislike so much.

Yup, there is that.

On 10/3/2024 at 8:06 PM, VKurtB said:

Kewl.

Now that's something I never heard of... "kewl."  I hope members and guests are curious enough about this word -- not an acronym! -- to look it up. A mix of Old English, Old Norse and Old High German.  One can get quite an education by poring over these threads. (thumbsu

On 10/3/2024 at 7:37 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Now that's something I never heard of... "kewl."  I hope members and guests are curious enough about this word -- not an acronym! -- to look it up. A mix of Old English, Old Norse and Old High German.  One can get quite an education by poring over these threads. (thumbsu

Old English, Old Norse, and Old High German are all in my lineage. Just like King George III. I met an Old High German in Berlin last year. I think he had doobies on him.

Edited by VKurtB

Maybe you could support how the hobby is and make there be a wait to fill those last stubborn holes in the album. That is how it is for most of us, even very serious collectors. Other than Twenty Cent pieces and Flying Eagle cents, I can't think of any denomination that is "easy" to complete the whole set, unless of course you are assembling a low ball set and even those sets have some key dates that can be hard to find. I think you would be doing a disservice by filling the whole album with your saved coins. Part of the "drive" we have in this hobby is that fact that it is a challenge to find all the pieces we need to complete a set.

On 10/3/2024 at 11:50 PM, powermad5000 said:

.... I think you would be doing a disservice by filling the whole album with your saved coins. Part of the "drive" we have in this hobby is that fact that it is a challenge to find all the pieces we need to complete a set.

True, but in the "lifelong" search for the elusive key dates he will very likely come across dates he already has in better condition and, who knows, maybe he will be bitten by the Upgrade bug, for which there is no cure.  And the internet will facilitate and accelerate acquisitions, accordingly.