• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whatyall think of this Morgan Dollar
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Lovely example.  I do not believe I have ever seen a more utilitarian rendering of a mintmark. (thumbsu

If it is in fact a counterfeit, it is the loveliest such example I have ever seen -- and I caution the OP to keep it out of @powermad5000 's sight!  :roflmao:

Edited by Henri Charriere
Add a letter.

Looks very "off" from the photos, even if it is a legit coin it is not one I would want as a collectable, good for a silver stacker only.

On 9/23/2024 at 4:06 PM, Greenstang said:

There are minor discrepancies that would certainly deter me from buying it.   
I would want it certified first.

Now you know very well this coin cannot be submitted! That's why I advised the OP to safeguard it from PM5000's gaze. 🤣

There are a number of features that would give one pause -- to the foregoing grocery list of FLAGS you can add ill-defined denticles, the snub-nosed bald eagle and the "wrong font" used on the mintmark-- but if you can move beyond questionable authenticity, it's still an interesting interpretation, warts and all. (I would have loved to have seen the reeded edge.)

To the OP:  I like the way you did that.  You didn't say it was yours, you just wanted to know what we thought. Clever!)  🤣