• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would be the best cheapest way to get the most coins graded at NGC?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

What would be the best cheapest way to get the most coins graded at NGC? 

What kind of money are we talking about? Say for 50 coins for example. If you get a membership you get some free coins graded right?

What would be the price range of coins worth to break even? How do dealers do it where they send in coins that are pretty much worthless? 

Bulk submission, but I think all the coins need to be the same type and the minimum quantity is 100.

For under 100 coins you have to pick the appropriate tier and send them in. 

If you become a premium member you receive a $150 credit, elite you receive the same credit and 10% off on fees. I think you have to be an elite member to send in a bulk submission if I remember correctly. 

Check out the NGC website for their rates. https://www.ngccoin.com/submit/services-fees/ngc/

On 8/25/2024 at 1:18 PM, ldhair said:

A person needs the skills to grade and know the value of each coin before playing the grading game. Without those skills, you will not be happy with the results. 

But there is a seemingly unlimited supply of new collectors who will ignore this sage advice. I am reminded of the guy at the IMEX Nashville show last year who dumped several thousand on walkthrough grading and the maximum value coin he had was maybe $20. There is somebody out there convincing the newbies that every darned thing needs to be in plastic. It’s just INSANE. But walkthrough!?!? That’s insane on steroids. 

On 8/25/2024 at 8:47 PM, VKurtB said:

But walkthrough!?!? That’s insane on steroids.

Part of this is the new generations. They need instant gratification. Same day delivery. Don't wait and save to buy something, just go $30,000 in credit card debt and get it NOW. Always worried about the turnaround times. Wait in lines two blocks long to get the new iPhone even though the one they already have has nothing wrong with it. They NEED walkthrough even if it is only in their heads.

Glue each coin to the back of an iguana and wait for a cold snap. Ship them all to Bradenton, FL using a pre-paid "Florida School Lunch Program" label.

Edited by RWB