• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1776-1976 D Bicentennial Quarter
2 2

10 posts in this topic

There must be another Youbee Tubee Bicentennial Quarter video out there claiming that the letters in AMERICA are touching therefore it is an error. This is the second one that popped up here in the last month. The letters touching is part of the design and is found on ALL Bicentennial quarters. The reverse picture I am including here is from NGC Coin Explorer for you to compare it to your coin and see that it is normal.

1776-1976 25C MS

On 9/28/2024 at 10:14 AM, Jnzoinz said:

I'm new to coin collecting and I'm wondering if the star with a tail is considered a error thanks 

\

IMG_20240926_140930179_HDR.jpg

Welcome to the forum, it is better if you would start a new thread for your coin rather than pull up an old thread.   Also please read the pinned post at the top of this newbie section that tells you how to post your questions and photos especially the part about cropping your photos.   I cannot tell from your photo for sure but it just looks like a scratch.

I would also suggest reading the other pinned post “ Basic Resources and Glossary”   
and you would probably be able answer this question yourself.
It is only an error if it happens during the striking of the coin. If it did not happen at     
that time then it is damage so ask yourself, how could this anomoly happen at that time.

Edited by Greenstang

Hello and welcome to the forum @Jnzoinz!

Please start your own thread for your coin in question. Multiple coins in the same thread with different issues will only cause too much confusion as to what response is for what.

Unfortunately, your photos are too far away and not properly cropped to show more coin and less background for me to be able to properly make an attempt to assess what you see on your coin. In other words, we need to see less of whatever that is in your hand that the coin is on, and we should not see any of your hand at all in the photos. Also, a closeup of the area in question would be helpful.

Edited by powermad5000