• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone know if this 1964 Kennedy has the dripping 4?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

A dangling 4 is a tiny teardrop of metal (aka die chip) that drops below the 4 in the date numeral. What I see in your photo is something on the side of the 4. I don't know if this dangling 4 is even an attributed variety as I cannot find it listed anywhere.

On 8/12/2024 at 9:16 AM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Have a chance to buy it reasonable

Where did you hear/get the term "dripping 4"??

I heard of it a few years ago and kind of forgot about it because it is an infrequently used one. It's another one that makes my eyes roll into the back of my head like the Lincoln cracked skull or drooling George. Although I love the Morgan dollars, I have to blame them for the VAM for Spitting Eagle that caused everybody to come up with cutesy nicknames for die chips.

Not sure when Bill saw it.

Sales hype term. Much like "Zerbe Proof" or "First 1794 dollar struck by elves in the woods."

On 8/12/2024 at 3:31 PM, RWB said:

Sales hype term. Much like "Zerbe Proof" or "First 1794 dollar struck by elves in the woods."

Those were Keebler cookie bakers. 

Thanks everyone. I have avoided this coin because of your great comments and have stricken that term from my memory! what term?

On 8/13/2024 at 12:20 AM, powermad5000 said:

If you have the dripping 4 you better get to a clinic ASAP!  xD

My D and my S are okay, but it hurts when I P.