• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice pick up for a coin that is as old as me! πŸ—»πŸ˜†
1 1

10 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2024 at 3:35 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Got this beauty for just $35 delivered.

think it is in much better shape for its age than I am. My birth year. πŸ˜†Β IMG_9419.thumb.jpeg.3fdcf792254e9186d4e5b81137b8c76e.jpeg

IMG_9420.jpeg

I tell you this post, and coin with its amazing surface preservation -- not to mention year -- was well deserving of its own topic.Β  With the recent acquisition of an old French gold rooster pattern (circa 1898) but undated with none other like it in the world, and a 1913 expected in the U.S. shortly, I am done.Β  The "glorious day" @The Neophyte NumismatistΒ was hoping would be soon upon us, will.Β  I won't be here to participate in the festivities, but it won't matter because it is the happiness and interests of the Chat Board that is most important to me.Β  I accomplished what I set out to do: I bankrupted one of the more notorious slumlords on a city agency's list of the "100 most notorious landlords in NYC," begrudgingly accepted a settlement and amassed the "Best French Set" of certified gold roosters on the West coast with a # 1 Rank and the highest set rating ever attained. "It's a Wonderful Life!"Β  All the best!

On 8/2/2024 at 2:35 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

think it is in much better shape for its age than I am.

My car is about just as old as I am and it surely is in much better shape than me.Β xD

Are you collecting Walkers now that you have all the Benjamins?

On 8/3/2024 at 6:31 AM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Not necessarily JP, I’m kind of in an unknown point now. I just completed the quarter albums! Mostly proof and BU which means I have the whole set of albums now Kennedy’s, quarters, Jefferson’s, Roosevelt’s.

IMG_9378.jpeg

JeezΒ  I'm working on my quarters book and they are getting pricey in BU. Got 34d 35d 37d 38 38s and 40d to go. $100 to $200 each. The nickels one was pretty reasonable but only have the 1997 sms one to go. Did you get that one? It's like $150. Those are nice books. Curious did you buy and proof and unc sets and break them up? I did that to some. The 70's 80's and 90's. The 1970's were tough. Especially the nickels. I started the Indian head cents and the barber dime books after these. You got some beautiful books there.Β  I wonder what the price would be for that quarter set. It's $440 in silver. You see the prices of them on eBay all over the place.Β 

Posted (edited)

Almost all were achieved individually by watching best prices and cleanest BU or proof coins when possible. I have every proof in the book and many proofs before there were actually proofs from SF.. Kennedy halves were pricey for BU and proof coins, all together they should produce a profit should I decide to part with them. I did not break up any proof sets in the process, because I won’t destroy the 70 years of proof sets that I have 1953-2024. Special issues and unusual additional coins like No FG Kennedy, broad strike Kennedy , mint cancelled Kennedy, W special strikes like a 2010 W satin finish dime. Now that I am finished Β I am considering selling. Like a Car collector finishing a restoration, it may be time to move on.

Prices , as you noted are all over the place.

typical prices on EBay for less quality than mine areΒ 

25c 1,800-2,400

halves 800-1-1,200

Dines 500-800

nickels 300-500

i have all but 2 Mercury dimes and all Lincoln cents except for that darned 1909 S VDB

Β 

Buffalos missing about 20

Edited by Mr.Bill347

On 8/7/2024 at 4:29 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

i have all but 2 Mercury dimes and all Lincoln cents except for that darned 1909 S VDB

All the Mercs in BU??? The 1916 D too? And the 1955 DDO Lincoln along with the 1922 no D?

As for the rest of the Mercs, even the 1921, 1921 D, and 1926 S would all be in excess of $1,000 each in BU.