• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Be careful with this message.
1 1

5 posts in this topic

To the Membership...

So there I was minding my own business when I decided to conduct, what I call, a Block Party.  Trash had built up but spam appeared to have gone haywire.  I had a few and readily dispatched them. All was fine, or so I thought. The next morning, I noticed there was nothing in my INBOX from NGC.  I thought nothing of it until I inadvertently trashed a few items -- and found 202 lodged in SPAM, each of which was preceded by a heading reading:  Youblockednoreply@invisioncloudcommunity.com. followed by, Be careful with this message below which were an oval marked "unblock sender" and, below it, a message that read "report spam."  Below all that was NGC's logo, perfect in every respect, color, size and proportion

Has anyone else experienced this?  I spent a good part of my day off wrapping up a deal in Paris and attending to my Block Party, which became an Unblock Party. Lately, Moderation has been using a heavier hand with me despite the fact I disclosed my departure schedule to all, but this type of intrusion mystified me.  If anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

On 7/29/2024 at 8:47 PM, Henri Charriere said:

wrapping up a deal in Paris

Not sure what is  going on with your spam but did you $$$ get to Paris.

On 7/29/2024 at 9:02 PM, J P M said:

Not sure what is  going on with your spam but did you $$$ get to Paris.

Holy cow!  Whether my money got to Paris is more important than every text msg I got from NGC winding up in spam?  As Robert DeNiro remarked to Joe Pesci before  he shot Spyder in the foot, "What's this world coming to?"  🤣

Yes, J P, the money got to Paris.  The president of cgb.fr was so shaken by the sight he took a photo of it, the red envelope with the two Inverted Jennys it came in, and the Greeting Card with my order, and sent it to me.  Cash from any country is not an approved form of payment. Normally, you Iog-in. I gave them my old Client code # and I believe the whole episode was a bit of a shock to them.  I never even placed an order and wasn't even sure if the item was still available.  Highly irregular.  But as George C. Scott, as Patton, remarked to Karl Malden when he reminded his boss Congress had not yet approved the placement of additional stars on his uniform:  "Well. Congress has their schedule, and I've got mine."  :roflmao: 

Man, I love this place!

On 7/30/2024 at 3:58 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Cash from any country is not an approved form of payment.

Well, you do like to deal in cash or money orders. Glad to hear your cash is there.

On 7/30/2024 at 4:57 PM, J P M said:

Well, you do like to deal in cash or money orders. Glad to hear your cash is there.

Thank you very much.  FYI:  USPS Money Orders clearly indicate "For Domestic Use" only.  

What I was unaware of is, like ebay, when you accept an order, payment does not have to be immediate. Another I was unaware of is a bank wire transfer is not immediate!  It May take up to a week!  Why?  I really don't know.

In a way, they're all the same.  No one is required to ACCEPT a personal check, a postal money order -- or your cents.  Some places charge you a quarter for a roll of quarters.  Two-dollar bills are universally reviled.  CoinStar will reject damaged or patina-coated cents.

I know in some countries, travelers may not take that country's money out. In others, there are limits.

If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't.

There is a Link to the 1913 Rooster I bought posted on the dedicated Rooster thread.  I believe evert collector reaches a point when they arbitrarily decide, one and I'm done.  I may have reached that point.  🐓