• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found something interesting
1 1

12 posts in this topic

So I found a 1970 no mint penny with an error I've never heard of. The S at the end of states on the reverse side has what appears to be an F or an E stamped on it as well. What do y'all think? It's there of course. But what do y'all suggest I do next? The B in liberty also has an R over it out looks like. But this one could be old damage. But the S is definitely visible.

20240607_023313.jpg

20240607_023034.jpg

Edited by Twanners
Found what appears to be another mistake

On 7/26/2024 at 5:41 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Welcome to the Forum.

What you have is a perfectly normal cent produced at the Philly mint, the anomalies that you think you're seeing were caused by damage/wear while the coin was in circulation.

All 1970 cents produced at the Philadelphia mint have no mint mark. There were over 1.8 billion cents produced in Philly that year

Possibly a small die chip or chips in that area along with normal wear and tear, there is no "F" or "E". Small die chips are common and do not add any value. 

Nope.

Spend it.

Image is blurry in that area, possibly another die chip, definite circulation wear and damage, and 100% no "R".

Yes, agreed.

Pareidolia. 

FM isn't takin no c r a p today...

Edited by Mike Meenderink

Nothingburger. You do get bonus points for a VERY vivid imagination. 

On 7/29/2024 at 5:43 PM, rrantique said:

PICA0031-Copy.jpg.a2c5546bccd6fdfa3f9142fed42602cc.jpgPICA0032-Copy.jpg.c3c70c1da903d855a48e3bc28f53a8d4.jpg

That’s a WHOLE BUNCH of pixelization and JPG artifacts there, rrantique. 

Q.A.:  Is this the Newby Forum, Ricky?

🐓 :  I am afraid so, Q.

Q.A.:  Alright then.  Danny Downer here.  This coin vastly exceeds consideration for the possibility of ERRORS.  ACCORDINGLY, it is time-barred by the Statute of Limitations by the only authority willing to speak up on the matter for attribution: ME!