• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parking lot find

38 posts in this topic

On 7/27/2024 at 1:26 PM, Halbrook Family said:

Do they sell anything at the mint you can not find anywhere else? I like the souvenir packs though I won't pay much for them. I kind of think they should do a special coin each year for visitors. A special variety. 

There are things there I haven’t seen elsewhere, but then again, I don’t look for them. The only thing I got from the gift shop was a crank on the “new quarters” machine. $5 for 20 quarters. A mix of P and D, plus several recent Women’s Quarters. The Mint SKU’s I want are on subscription. 

On 7/27/2024 at 12:29 PM, powermad5000 said:

And Rosemont has a parking garage.

An expensive one. 

On 7/27/2024 at 1:41 PM, VKurtB said:

An expensive one.

Yes. And there is no where else to park really while the show is going on so I'll be parked in there somewhere. Don't know if you are driving up or flying up but this show is going to be right on the heels of the DNC. Throw an extra quarter to a half million people into the normal traffic. It is going to be chaos. People will be arriving the weekend of the show getting in early for the convention.

I said I would return with conservation results. After several days of my best conservation efforts, it is still a piece of junk but it is at least a spendable piece of junk and is recognizable with a date no less. Turns out it is a 2006 (P).

PXL_20240729_032252643.jpg

PXL_20240729_032304153.jpg

Actually I had one more trick in my arsenal. This is the final product. At least it is back from the dead until zinc rot finally takes it down.

PXL_20240729_045008109.jpg

PXL_20240729_045021978.jpg

On 7/29/2024 at 12:58 AM, powermad5000 said:

Actually I had one more trick in my arsenal. This is the final product. At least it is back from the dead until zinc rot finally takes it down.

PXL_20240729_045008109.jpg

PXL_20240729_045021978.jpg

Now you have gone and ruined you chance for the top spot on the parking lot coin registry. What were you thinking (shrug)  

On 7/29/2024 at 6:08 AM, J P M said:

Now you have gone and ruined you chance for the top spot on the parking lot coin registry. What were you thinking (shrug)

I know. I just put your cent back in the top tier. xD

I just couldn't leave that cent in that condition.