• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission PDF Not Working
2 2

14 posts in this topic

I cannot complete the submission form PDF. The "Total Declared Value" field will not auto-update when a line item has quantity and value.

I am IT support working with another user. He has a history of prior submitted forms. Opening those forms, the total value updates. Updated 2 different recently downloaded forms, total value doesn't update.

Tested on a Windows PC and a MacBook.

• Administrator

Hello! 

I just tried this again via Windows and could not recreate the issue (see below). Please download a new copy of the form and insure each line has a quantity and DV added. Let us know if the issue persists. 

image.png

image.png

MattM, I certainly appreciate you testing and replying. We have 3 people over here that have tested. The PDF is broken on 1 Mac and 1 PC and works on 1 PC. When it doesn't work, multiple copies were downloaded, with consistent behavior.

The 2 instances where it was broken were both tested with the same PDF (downloaded on the PC and shared with the Mac user). My only guess now is there is some permission issue that is being inherited that is preventing the file from being edited. 

I have older copes of the PDF that work (total fields update as expected), its just the newly downloaded PDFs that won't update.

Update: It doesn't seem to matter who downloaded the file. The behavior is consistent on specific devices: the total fields don't update.

Fortunately we have discovered that the fields do update if the form is edited in Chrome. It's only broken in Adobe Reader.

I realize this is likely an issue with our hardware or an Adobe issue, not an issue for NGC to address. But I appreciate any insight anyone might have.

• Administrator

Hi @JTravisP2,

Thank you for reaching back out. I have sent this to our IT department to see if they can find any issues with the fillable PDF form. I was able to test it as Matt did and did not have any issues with the total Declared Value being generated. Please make sure that you are placing a quantity on the line item as when I was testing it I did not do this and it did not autofill the Declared Value. You can still fill out the submission form and when you print it out to send to us you can handwrite the total Declared Value in that box. 

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thank you,

I did ensure I was including both quantity and amount. Works in Chrome, doesn't work in Adobe Reader.

Thanks for looking into it.

I, too, am experiencing this problem.  I am running Windows 10  with free Adobe Acrobat Reader version 24.0-02.20991 that was updated 8/7/24.  I called NGC Customer Support today and associate was unaware of this issue.  I since uninstalled Adobe and downloaded previous version from Adobe (24.002.20965).  Downloaded new NGC submission form and the pdf fails to compute coin and extended values.

Also experiencing same issue. Last used Adobe successfully at the end of June.

Hoping NGC can figure out the issue.

As OP mentioned, Google Chrome appears to work, so that's the workaround for now.

Hi Ali and NGC,

I'm reporting that I am having the same issue.  The pdf submission form downloads with no problem.  However, when trying to use the form, none of the information at the bottom in Section 12 will auto-update or fill in.  Also, the form does not auto-calculate the total declared value for all coins in Section 11, not does it allow anything to be manually typed in this box.  In addition, because there is no total declared value in Section 11, no information can be typed into Section 13.

I have some older unused forms that I downloaded in mid-June and they work as intended.  No form I have downloaded after mid-June has worked.  I have only had this problem with NGC forms, and not PMG forms.

I hope the cause of this issue can be identified and repaired.

Thanks,

Billy

On 9/18/2024 at 3:03 PM, Pastime Classics said:

The pdf submission form downloads with no problem.  However, when trying to use the form, none of the information at the bottom in Section 12 will auto-update or fill in.  Also, the form does not auto-calculate the total declared value for all coins in Section 11, not does it allow anything to be manually typed in this box.  In addition, because there is no total declared value in Section 11, no information can be typed into Section 13.

I have some older unused forms that I downloaded in mid-June and they work as intended.  No form I have downloaded after mid-June has worked.  I have only had this problem with NGC forms, and not PMG forms.

I did have these same issues on the last PMG form I downloaded a few weeks ago, inconvenient but not a show stopper. In the end I just did what I could on the computer and finished the rest of the form by hand, sent it in and the submission was received and checked in no problem.

It's 26 Sept 24, is there any update on when this problem will be fixed?   The fields will still not auto-update.

• Administrator

Hello everyone! We created a ticket to investigate the multiple glitches on the fillable pdf forms including the calculations not working and the invoice numbers not populating. They are actively working through the bug, but it may take some time to resolve. In the interim, we suggest that submitters use the online order form. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Please let us know if you need help with anything else. Thank you!