• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking to see what these are worth
1 1

5 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2024 at 4:17 PM, Coinbuf said:

Less than $50 combined.

...and most of that is in the silver in the 1921 dollar, 1967 half, bicentennial half and quarter proofs.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

While we normally ask for only one coin per thread and also ask for clear, cropped photos of both sides of each coin in question, since this is what you have posted, I will make my comments based upon what is presented sans additional photos.

I think you have a little more value in these combined than $50, but that however would also depend on if these were TPG graded and earned grades of a certain amount. The three bicentennial proofs if only graded PF 68 UC would be a wash with the grading fees so they would have to grade out at PF 69 UC to be able to make any premium versus grading costs. Being they are in those rounds, I would think through handling and the quarter and half possibly having been broken out of a proof set would most likely only earn that grade at the highest. 

The 1967 Kennedy half seems to have some circulation marks or slide marks on it and also would be a wash if it were to be graded.

The 1921 Morgan, while not known if it is a (P), D, or S, seems to be in low AU condition and worth roughly about $40.

I would say if everything went perfect and these were all sold as graded, combined you would have about a price guide value of around $125 but an actual realized value of about $75. As these stand as raw coins, I would say you would have a realized value of about $55-60 if you sold them separately not through a dealer but on a site such as eBay. You would also have to realize that you would only get that over a long period of time as the proofs would not likely sell for quite a long time as there is just too many of them in the marketplace.

A dealer would probably give you a price more along the lines of what Coinbuf stated and that would most likely be around $40 for the entire lot.

Edited by powermad5000

It's a good start of a coin collection. Go to your local coin shop and buy a few more coins. Look for the best quality coins and try not to place them on your skin. You could get the red envelope 1976 set for about $25 Or get some Morgan Dollars for about $60 for a nice one. A common date BU one. Lots of fun stuff at the store to buy. A $50 coin collection is a great start. Buy a red book and study study study.