• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

766 Bulk Submission Sent Back As "...SPARE CHANGE JAR CIRC MATERIAL all rejects"
1 1

53 posts in this topic

On 7/23/2024 at 12:26 AM, imnotaminion said:

"The Neophyte Numismatist" I appreciate constructive criticism. However, I'll give you One of the reasons why I'm so upset. I think it was 130 something nickels that are submitted. And of those 130 some odd nickels that I submitted, At least 120 of those nickels had full steps! And of those 120 nickels with full steps, I'd say at least 60 have mint errors with double die obverse/reverse or both DDO/DDR & RPMs. Why were those coins rejected?!?!?!

You and AnyAll of my critics sounds ignorant of facts that the grade of  a coin is not the only aspects attributing too a coin's value. Of the 766 coins I submitted at least 90% would have received an MS label with many mint errors. You my critics yourselves have seen coins graded below MS 66 sell for thousands of dollars so get off my back barking your insults! If I had a better camera I post multitudes of of the mint error coins that I have to shut you up!

Better yet because I cannot screenshot or save the images of the many coins I purchased at "Penny Pincher Auctions" that are mint errors, which also would provide me an "I told you so" moment! However, because many of you desires I follow thru with leaving the coin aspects of Numismatics, I will not!

Your tone and tenor against anyone who disagrees with you makes you seem unteachable.  Some of us have been around coins a long time, and others (like me) simply study like crazy.  

One thing most of us have in common is the knowledge that NGC (nor PCGS) would return a 766 coin submission as "upgradable" if it were as you say.  This is the equivalent of a tire shop sending you away on your original  four bald tires when you were ready to buy new ones from them.  Likewise, we know that your coin was not switched, because they have too much to lose in messing with you and your coin.

From your posts in other threads, it is clear that you do not know how to grade coins or spot counterfeits:

Here was your response to the pretty obvious counterfeit (not even within cannon distance of being accurate):

ScreenShot2024-07-23at7_50_08AM.thumb.png.eef02cf38a470433750b3a0e56b71f1e.png

I am not saying this to drag you.  I am saying this because you are trying to come-off as authoritative and your history here has checkered results at best.  Again, some of the people here are VERY strong numismatists.  Alienating this group is your prerogative, but I want you to understand that every poster is trying to save you from wasting your money.  It is your money to do with how you wish... so, if you hear all this and think "aw pish, I am going to do what I want," please go ahead... but don't start adding up the scores of who told whom "I told you so"

Good luck... you should buckle-up for the ride you are on, but there is still time to change course.  The TPGs saved you from your first crash, you will likely be on your own for the next.

Edited by The Neophyte Numismatist

Insults are not helpful in any way. Lets let the OP have time to come up with a way to post proper images. We were all new at this at some point in our life. I also believe the members here did a good job of posting honest information.  

On 7/23/2024 at 8:26 AM, Mike Meenderink said:

It seems you are indeed a Minion. 

I would hope that is not directed at me. 

On 7/23/2024 at 8:26 AM, imnotaminion said:

JPM Enthusiast my phone is a "Kyocera DuraForce Ultra" which the camera egregiously sucks!

I understand. On you first post you showed us your NGC forms I am guessing you used your phone for those shots. I suggest you take one of the coins you think would be a good example. Place the coin on a white or light gray piece of paper use a stack of books to lay next to the coin. Put your camera on the books flat to keep it steady and zoom in and take a shot of the obverse and then the reverse of your coin. that should be good enough for a sample picture.

Edited by J P M

On 7/22/2024 at 2:50 PM, RWB said:

Mr. Wilson:

Let’s do a quick knowledge test. While it is clear you are a novice coin collector, your answers will help members determine just how confused you’ve become from watching internet videos, and the best ways to help you. (You can ask for help. Members will not impose on you.)

In your original post you used the following terms –

mint gouging

strike through

gradeable

Sheldon Coin Grading Scale

tributing services

Obverse 1972 Doubled Die [cent]

greatable

spare change jar

Can you define the numismatic terms?

."

On 7/21/2024 at 5:39 PM, Henri Charriere said:

....Rather than comment, with a fellow member who understandably is in an highly agitated state, I am going to revisit this debacle tomorrow.  🐓 

Q.A.:   T'was my intention to pursue this matter the following day, 7/22/2024, but Moderation, ever vigilant, thought the better of it and using the cutting edge technology at their disposal, effectively excluded me.

🐓 :   Your alibi strains credulity.

Q.A.:  I entered three terms in the space provided for search.  The results, after a respectable interval, came up zero: "0."  Not to be deterred, I posted a topic entitled, "766 bulk submission," and proceeded to make my point.  I had known during my absence an undercurrent of hostility and dismissal would result but was helpless to do anything about it.  I do not subscribe to the notion that public shaming and ridicule serves any useful purpose.  Errors were made but I do not believe in kicking a man when he is down -- and after he has suffered a monetary loss whatever the cause.

If any of the more responsible members were given the opportunity to confer with this member, a submission would have occurred but the outcome would have been vastly different.

Gentlemen, after speaking with NGC Customer Service this morning, AnyAll of you are 110% wrong and so am I! HOWEVER, AND AGAIN MY BULK SHIPMENT WAS PROPER OR ELSE THE COINS NEVER WOULD HAVE PROGRESSED INTO 'PRESCREENING". 

NGC does not "all varieties grade" bulk shipments. So pick+up your faces and bark-up another tree because since the 3rd grade a Friday in September 1969, bark has been stripped from my tree. Good night.

On 7/23/2024 at 9:45 PM, imnotaminion said:

Gentlemen, after speaking with NGC Customer Service this morning, AnyAll of you are 110% wrong and so am I! HOWEVER, AND AGAIN MY BULK SHIPMENT WAS PROPER OR ELSE THE COINS NEVER WOULD HAVE PROGRESSED INTO 'PRESCREENING". 

NGC does not "all varieties grade" bulk shipments. So pick+up your faces and bark-up another tree because since the 3rd grade a Friday in September 1969, bark has been stripped from my tree. Good night.

th.jpg

Well... you sure showed me who is boss.  With this news, how many games of Russian Roulette Submissions do you intend to play?  Next time, you should submit 2,000 coins, and lose the value of a new economy car.... that would sure show me. :devil:

I will leave you to your own numismatic excellence.  Enjoy your losses.

On 7/23/2024 at 9:45 PM, imnotaminion said:

I'm happy you received the answers you needed from NGC. At this point you might just send in 10 or 12 of your best coins. I found this to be a great way to text my own grading skills to that of the service. I learned a lot from submitting small groups.

Gentlemen:  "HE WHO LAUGHS LAST LAUGHS BEST.". BUT I WON'T LAUGH AT THE LIKES OF YOU MY CRITICS, EVEN THE ONE WHOM EITHER TRAVELED TOO HUNTINGTON, WV OR HAD ONE OF HIS PALS CASE ME OUT AND LEARNED I HAVE FACIAL HAIR, & RIDE METRO BUSES AKA A REAL MENACE-STALKER!

AND WHEN I POST A FEW COINS GRADED BY NGC, YOU'RE NOT GOING TOO BELIEVE THEY'RE.ONE LIKE A TRUE "MORONIC-" AS ARE MY INSULTING CRITICS!

On 7/24/2024 at 6:56 PM, imnotaminion said:

OH! ENOUGH SAID ABOUT THIS FROM M;. I'M DONE WITH THIS TOPIC!

Translation: "Once NGC told me how much it would cost to grade this pile of junk, I decided to concentrate on Cabbage Patch Kids dolls.

:)

For a more entertaining next session at least change your M O.........................................................

There is way too much wrong with this whole thing. Bulk submissions do not work this way. No bulk submission gets graded for mint errors.

Let me do some proper math and see what NGC saved you.

Based on if all the coins were modern, which seems they are all not but anyway for least cost purposes (766 X $19 = $14,554)

If it were proper, to check all 766 coins for mint errors (766 X $18 mint error fee = $13,788)

$14,554 + $13,788 = $28,342.

Even making some kind of deal with NGC on this submission I am sure they won't just knock off $10,000 to be nice.

A couple things in your comments stick out to me from quick reading. There is no such thing as 4 FS at least from the TPG's. You could pay to worthlessly get the MAC sticker for that nonsense but nobody is going to pay extra for it. Over 700 errors. I don't even have 700 slabs much less them all errors. I have over 500 slabs and roughly 5% of my collection is error coins. If you think you have that many errors, you must be watching YouTube get rich quick videos. A gouged dime they allegedly replaced with an ungouged dime? And if you think you have that many errors then I doubt you don't know how to tell die deterioration doubling from true hub doubling.

NGC did you a favor.

But based on your cruddy responses to members here, you did me a favor because you made my block list for taking out your anger on the membership here who are all just volunteers and don't work for NGC but you treat us like we are garbage. Good luck in your collecting and goodbye!