• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

766 Bulk Submission Sent Back As "...SPARE CHANGE JAR CIRC MATERIAL all rejects"
1 1

53 posts in this topic

"766 Bulk Submission Sent Back too me July 19th 2024/12:34P. I am hugely disappointed. I went over some of my returned coins. And will review my Lincoln Cents today. I am irate that my 1857 Liberty Seat Dime with Obverse mint gouging and on the reverse a strike through which resembles the base Of Liberty's seat, and below that additional strikethrough of liberty's gown. I had purchased this 1857Sseated Liberty at "Penny Pincher Auctions" which that image clearly shows what I describe; and that is not on my 1857 coin that was returned to me!!! 

But for you to say that all of my coins were not gradeable is a mockery to the integrity of the entire company of NGC as if not one coin does not makes the "Sheldon Coin Grading Scale".

PCGS & now both most prominent calling a tributing services disses me. I'll put my coins away in a safe place and not touch again for many years. I want nothing else to do with coins for a while! PCGS a few years ago, the grader lied he didn't see the Obverse 1972 Doubled Die graded/MS61. And I had at least 2 1972 obverse double dies AU OR 61 that were ignored.

And what about my two bicentennial Kennedy halves obverse and reverse double die That could have been great the greater that probably MS65 or MS66. And that's just a few that they claim that none are greatable and that all are spare change jar? Obviously they did not attribute all of my coins. God prefer a full refund of elite membership I don't have anything else to do with coins.

Screenshot_20240721-140138~2.png

Screenshot_20240721-140230~2.png

Could you please show some photos of a couple of the coins that you submitted along with what you think what the grade should have been. Not sure of your experience in grading coins is but there are many collectors that submit coins thinking they have high grade coins or errors that turn out to be just “ pocket change” . Without seeing what you have, it is hard for us to comment on.

"rramtique" That's not the case because I'm a phone convoy with NGC customer service informed me that my submission was accepted and there was no issues with my submission. You didn't read.what "MATT" said did you! He claims that AnyAll 766 COINS are "SPARE CHANGE JAR" & "CIRC MATERIAL"/CIRCULATED CONDITION.  

Man; regardless of what grade I suspects should becomes attributed, the facts are I have several, if not all 766 COINS have mint errors! And on top of that my 1857 Seated Liberty Dime was replaced with absolute BS! I purchased that coin at "Penny Pincher Auctions"

It is hard for me to believe that you had all 776 coins as errors. It is hard enough to find one legitimate error let alone 776. 
As I said earlier, please show some photos as to what you are considering errors. I am willing to bet that most, if not all are either circulation damage or an anomoly of some sort. Remember, errors can only occur during the actual striking of the coin, anything that happens after that is damage.

On 7/21/2024 at 2:20 PM, Greenstang said:

Could you please show some photos of a couple of the coins that you submitted along with what you think what the grade should have been. Not sure of your experience in grading coins is but there are many collectors that submit coins thinking they have high grade coins or errors that turn out to be just “ pocket change” . Without seeing what you have, it is hard for us to comment on.

Furthermore, I did not have an MS70 neither MS69. However at least 720 Coins have mint errors which should have been graded.

I'm hoping for a refund? Even if I dont get it back I'll close my account! I'm fed up with being discriminated against and this is definitely discrimination because the graders were contacted by clout side influences.

Yeah-Yeah-Yeah you're calling me crazy & I careless! Keep'on 🤣. I'm done with coins and you peoples! NGC'S peoples involved may have just killed me because the $ from my coins would have provided funds too move to a dryer climate in AZ, NV, NM, TX. Huh! My 1945 Nickel D/P or P/D with 4 steps is worth how much? But NGC says "ALL REJECTS"!

On 7/21/2024 at 3:27 PM, imnotaminion said:

Furthermore, I did not have an MS70 neither MS69. However at least 720 Coins have mint errors which should have been graded.

I'm hoping for a refund? Even if I dont get it back I'll close my account! I'm fed up with being discriminated against and this is definitely discrimination because the graders were contacted by clout side influences.

Yeah-Yeah-Yeah you're calling me crazy & I careless! Keep'on 🤣. I'm done with coins and you peoples! NGC'S peoples involved may have just killed me because the $ from my coins would have provided funds too move to a dryer climate in AZ, NV, NM, TX. Huh! My 1945 Nickel D/P or P/D with 4 steps is worth how much? But NGC says "ALL REJECTS"!

Could you post some images of what you feel are the best coins? That would help folks understand what you are dealing with. 

I'm fed up with being discriminated against and this is definitely discrimination because the graders were contacted by clout side influences.

Why is it discrimination to have coins returned ungraded, I'm sure over the years that there are probably thousands of coins that have been returned for being ungradeable. 

Edited by Greenstang
Correct typo

On 7/21/2024 at 2:56 PM, rrantique said:

Looks like the submission form may not be filled out properly(shrug)

True, and complicating matters is the apparent fact it was not signed and dated at the bottom of page 1.

Sandon, not surprisingly, has provided valuable insight.  Rather than comment, with a fellow member who understandably is in an highly agitated state, I am going to revisit this  debacle tomorrow.

I suggest the OP set the matter aside for today, get a bite to eat and plenty of rest.  All is not lost.  I cannot prevent others from weighing in but I believe this would be best dealt with, out of the heat of the moment. The very worst thing that could have happened, already has.  What's needed now is a non-judgmental, empathetic approach and a review of exactly how a TPGS functions and what our obligations, as members, are. Tomorrow.  🐓 

Show us some pictures to make your case.  Without pictures, all we can say for sure is that you are unhappy with the results and can only assume that NGC is correct.  Please, show us something to back up your claim.

Mr. Robert Wilson

1329 Madison Ave., Apt. 606

Huntington, WV 25704

Dear Mr. Wilson:

Please be advised that NGC did you a very kind favor in prescreening and rejecting your “error coins” ungraded, and described as “Spare change jar circ material.” The cost of authentication and grading would have been not less than $7,600.00. Based on current market conditions, the authenticated value of your coins might be as much as $10.00 for ALL the coins (not each piece).

Concerning an 1857 Liberty seated dime with obverse mint gouging that you claim was switched. There appears to be no obvious reason to switch your damaged coin for another of the same date. Given that 1857 dimes are very easily obtained at about their bullion value, it hardly seems to matter.

It is also noted that the agreement is not signed and there’s no indication of payment; however, this information might be on another page.

Lastly, given that you posted documents clearly showing your name, street address, phone number and email, you might reasonably expect a large increase in calls and emails from scammers and other low-life.

Have a nice day.  :)

I agree that you were done a huge favor by having your coins rejected.  I have to say that I am very confused by your claims of discrimination.  I know you are new to this, because of your responses in some other threads.  There is nothing wrong with being new (I love being new).  Being new is a great time, because you have many areas that you can explore.  However, it's also easy to get a little ahead of yourself (which almost always means you lose money in numismatics)... and a mass TPG submission can get really ugly really quick.  Even the best graders get disappointed (and pleasantly surprised) sometimes.   If you want to hone your skills and submit a few coins to test the waters, I think that could be a valuable exercise.  Start slow, learn and revise your strategy as you go.  Your future (richer) self will thank you.

Edited by The Neophyte Numismatist

Mr. Wilson:

Let’s do a quick knowledge test. While it is clear you are a novice coin collector, your answers will help members determine just how confused you’ve become from watching internet videos, and the best ways to help you. (You can ask for help. Members will not impose on you.)

In your original post you used the following terms –

mint gouging

strike through

gradeable

Sheldon Coin Grading Scale

tributing services

Obverse 1972 Doubled Die [cent]

greatable

spare change jar

Can you define the numismatic terms?

Edited by RWB

The most helpful action would still be for Mr Wilson to post one error coin and point out the error that he sees on the coin. If it is in fact an error coin, he can post one more error coin pointing out the error he sees and so on which will establish his skills at spotting and identifying error coins. If he has a good run on being correct, then members can adjust their advice to help him with his issue with NGC.

This kind of thing is hilarious. You blame NGC for your incompetence? I think it serves you right since you sound like a stubborn know it all (which you obviously do not) with poop for brains. Go cry somewhere else this is not the place to complain about your stupid schemes not working out. Please be done with coins forever. That would be a smart move for you and a relief for others in the hobby. Bye

Edited by Mike Meenderink

On 7/22/2024 at 10:59 PM, Mike Meenderink said:

This kind of thing is hilarious. You blame NGC for your incompetence? I think it serves you right since you sound like a stubborn know it all (which you obviously do not) with poop for brains. Go cry somewhere else this is not the place to complain about your stupid schemes not working out. Please be done with coins forever. That would be a smart move for you and a relief for others in the hobby. ByeY

You and AnyAll of my critics sounds ignorant of facts that the grade of  a coin is not the only aspects attributing too a coin's value. Of the 766 coins I submitted at least 90% would have received an MS label with many mint errors. You my critics yourselves have seen coins graded below MS 66 sell for thousands of dollars so get off my back barking your insults! If I had a better camera I post multitudes of of the mint error coins that I have to shut you up!

Better yet because I cannot screenshot or save the images of the many coins I purchased at "Penny Pincher Auctions" that are mint errors, which also would provide me an "I told you so" moment! However, because many of you desires I follow thru with leaving the coin aspects of Numismatics, I will not!

On 7/22/2024 at 10:59 PM, Mike Meenderink said:

This kind of thing is hilarious. You blame NGC for your incompetence? I think it serves you right since you sound like a stubborn know it all (which you obviously do not) with poop for brains. Go cry somewhere else this is not the place to complain about your stupid schemes not working out. Please be done with coins forever. That would be a smart move for you and a relief for others in the hobby. Bye

On 7/22/2024 at 10:35 PM, LOCK34 said:

The most helpful action would still be for Mr Wilson to post one error coin and point out the error that he sees on the coin. If it is in fact an error coin, he can post one more error coin pointing out the error he sees and so on which will establish his skills at spotting and identifying error coins. If he has a good run on being correct, then members can adjust their advice to help him with his issue with NGC.

You and AnyAll of my critics sounds ignorant of facts that the grade of  a coin is not the only aspects attributing too a coin's value. Of the 766 coins I submitted at least 90% would have received an MS label with many mint errors. You my critics yourselves have seen coins graded below MS 66 sell for thousands of dollars so get off my back barking your insults! If I had a better camera I post multitudes of of the mint error coins that I have to shut you up!

Berter yet because I cannot screenshot or save the images of the many coins I purchased at "Penny Pincher Auctions" that are mint errors, which also would provide me an "I told you so" moment! However, because many of you desires I follow thru with leaving the coin aspects of Numismatics, I will not!

Better yet because I cannot screenshot or save the images of the many coins I purchased at "Penny Pincher Auctions" that are mint errors, which also would provide me an "I told you so" moment! However, because many of you desires I follow thru with leaving the coin aspects of Numismatics, I will not!

"The Neophyte Numismatist" I appreciate constructive criticism. However, I'll give you One of the reasons why I'm so upset. I think it was 130 something nickels that are submitted. And of those 130 some odd nickels that I submitted, At least 120 of those nickels had full steps! And of those 120 nickels with full steps, I'd say at least 60 have mint errors with double die obverse/reverse or both DDO/DDR & RPMs. Why were those coins rejected?!?!?!

"RWB" I appreciate your input. However, I'm going too resubmit AnyAll coins by years end.

Henri C. ,🤣 that's not my submission page! That's the return page with which "MATT" returned my coins! If you, Henri and ETCETERAS KNOWS SO MUCH, YOU WOULD KNOW THAT HAD MY SUBMISSION BEEN INCORRECT IN ONE INFRACTION, MY COINS WOULD NOT HAVE MADE IT TOO "PRESCREENING"; 🤣-"KNOW IT ALL'S"!

Greenstang, 

HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD NOT GRADE A NICKEL WITH FULL STEPS?

Sandan You and AnyAll of my critics sounds ignorant of facts that the grade of  a coin is not the only aspects attributing too a coin's value. Of the 766 coins I submitted at least 90% would have received an MS label with many mint errors. You my critics yourselves have seen coins graded below MS 66 sell for thousands of dollars so get off my back barking your insults! If I had a better camera I post multitudes of of the mint error coins that I have to shut you up!

Idhair You and AnyAll of my critics sounds ignorant of facts that the grade of  a coin is not the only aspects attributing too a coin's value. Of the 766 coins I submitted at least 90% would have received an MS label with many mint errors. You my critics yourselves have seen coins graded below MS 66 sell for thousands of dollars so get off my back barking your insults! If I had a better camera I post multitudes of of the mint error coins that I have to shut you up!

On 7/23/2024 at 4:06 AM, l.cutler said:

Just post some pictures when you can, even cell phone pictures are fine.

I use cell phone pictures all the time. You can see many things with a cell phone shot. I like many others here only want to help you determine if there was an error on someone's part.