• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting Bulk
1 1

27 posts in this topic

You must have the Elite membership level. $299 per year but now reduced to $279.

Edited by VKurtB

On 7/17/2024 at 7:58 PM, Malnes said:

I do.

I’d email or call for specific instructions.

Thanks. I spoke with Scott Heller I just need some guidance on the pdf form. I will get it handled. Thanks again for the post.

Eeee. I doubt the pdf form is compatible with a bulk submission. I have witnessed dozens of bulk submissions happening, and every one had a hard form four-part form. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 7/17/2024 at 11:54 PM, Malbri said:

Just submitted 950 BU cents and 400 BU nickels.

I have some questions out of sheer curiosity. You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but seeing these numbers and thinking of the sheer cost of this submission got my brain turning. Are these modern cents and nickels or older ones as in rolls of LWCs? Do you have a specific goal for this amount of submissions such as trying to get a particular grade, or is this just merely for the purpose of resale? If one or two do achieve a very high grade, do you intend to keep those?

Hello. I have requested a minimum grade of MS-66 on all coins. This will cover the cost of each coin with margin for profit. I do sell coins and these will be used for resale. Coins that fail to meet grade will be rerolled by year and mint mark to be sold as rolls. I have several competitive sets here at NGC, but my goal is to sell these so I can buy more coins. I am having NGC cherry pick the best coins for grading, the rest will be returned via pre screen. I hope that covers your query.

On 7/18/2024 at 10:23 AM, Malbri said:

Hello. I have requested a minimum grade of MS-66 on all coins. This will cover the cost of each coin with margin for profit. I do sell coins and these will be used for resale. Coins that fail to meet grade will be rerolled by year and mint mark to be sold as rolls. I have several competitive sets here at NGC, but my goal is to sell these so I can buy more coins. I am having NGC cherry pick the best coins for grading, the rest will be returned via pre screen. I hope that covers your query.

I’d be interested in updates as this process unfolds, if you could be so kind.

Yes, please let us know how you make out with your submission. Sounds risky, but it also sounds like you know what you are doing, so the reward could be great if things go your way. Good luck!

I was under the impression that the coin graders do not know Who. what or where the coin being graded came from so how could anyone request a minimum grade? 

Edited by J P M

On 7/18/2024 at 7:05 PM, J P M said:

I was under the impression that the coin graders do not know Who. what or where the coin being graded come from so how could anyone request a minimum grade? 

It’s part and parcel of the bulk grading service. The graders STILL don’t have any idea who submitted them. They pre-screen for the minimum grade. 

On 7/18/2024 at 8:07 PM, VKurtB said:

It’s part and parcel of the bulk grading service. The graders STILL don’t have any idea who submitted them. They pre-screen for the minimum grade. 

Ok I think I understand, rejects in one pile and MS 66 in the other pile. 

On 7/18/2024 at 7:45 PM, J P M said:

Ok I think I understand, rejects in one pile and MS 66 in the other pile. 

Yup, 66 or BETTER.

On 7/18/2024 at 5:05 PM, J P M said:

I was under the impression that the coin graders do not know Who. what or where the coin being graded came from so how could anyone request a minimum grade? 

On ALL NGC submission forms there is a Min Grade box you can fill in for each line item.  If you do not want your coin encapsulated unless it receives a Min Grade of let's say MS64 for example the graders will not encapsulate the coin and you are not charged the grading and encapsulation fees. This is for those that wish to ensure a certain grade minimum to mitigate costs of coins graded below break even.

May as well send lots more coins in. Quarters dimes and so on....Though 950 cents and 400 nickels is quite a few. If you do not mind me asking. I didn't see it here but what years are they? Just wondering. Early wheats? Modern? 

On 7/17/2024 at 8:55 PM, Malbri said:

I just want to be sure I am using the correct form. And where does one indicate the minimum grade?

Did you just join and what are you submitting ?

On 7/18/2024 at 9:13 PM, Mike Meenderink said:

On ALL NGC submission forms there is a Min Grade box you can fill in for each line item.  If you do not want your coin encapsulated unless it receives a Min Grade of let's say MS64 for example the graders will not encapsulate the coin and you are not charged the grading and encapsulation fees. This is for those that wish to ensure a certain grade minimum to mitigate costs of coins graded below break even.

Again, Mike, THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!! The ONLY type of submissions where a minimum grade is allowed are bulk submissions and PCGS (only) crossovers. Just try it with a “normal” raw submission. Ain’t happening.

Edited by VKurtB

On 7/19/2024 at 6:36 AM, VKurtB said:

Again, Mike, THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!! The ONLY type of submissions where a minimum grade is allowed are bulk submissions and PCGS (only) crossovers. Just try it with a “normal” raw submission. Ain’t happening.

ok sorry but the box is there...

On 7/19/2024 at 9:12 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Did you just join and what are you submitting ?

On 7/18/2024 at 12:54 AM, Malbri said:

Just submitted 950 BU cents and 400 BU nickels. Rolls for days!

Yes I am wondering what these coins are worth. 1350 coins would be a big chunk of change.

On 7/19/2024 at 8:48 AM, Mike Meenderink said:

ok sorry but the box is there...

The box is marked “CrossOver Min. Grade”. Do we need to discuss what that means? Or the instructions where it states IN EXACTLY THESE WORDS, “Minimum grade is not required. In most cases, it applies to CrossOver submissions only.”

On 7/18/2024 at 10:23 AM, Malbri said:

It covers it enough. Thanks! (thumbsu

I like some of the others would also like to know the end result of your endeavor if you could be so kind to return to this thread when all is said and done.