• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982/1983 copper pennys
2 2

4 posts in this topic

I recently inherited my uncles coin collection, who was also a president of a bank almost 20 years I came across some 1982D small date copper pennies & 1983/1983D copper pennies all weighed 3 g are these valuable

Well if they are real ?  It would be a very rare find. Could you post some pictures of the coin's, close cropped shots obverse and reverse shots 

Welcome to the forum

As stated, we need a clear photo of both sides of each coin. There are many collectors who think they have a Small Date when it is actually a Large Date so we will need proof before determining what you have.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

As stated, we would need photos of both sides of the coins to be able to form any kind of opinion on what you have, but what is more concerning to me is your given weight of 3g. Coins need to be weighed with a scale that reads to the hundredth of a gram (0.01g). Anything less than this will be an inaccurate weight and not useful for coinage. Also, I highly question most scales presented in the forums here as many are cheap pocket scales from China that are highly inaccurate even after calibration. 

What did you use to weigh these coins?