• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I could use some help,looks like a lot going on with this 1983 penny
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Welcome to the forum.  Your cent is just damaged.  Looks like another coin was hammered into this one leaving a partial impression of the other coin.

Welcome to the forum

Just a heavily damaged cent. Sometimes known as roadkill.  
There is nothing on that coin that could have happened when it was struck.   
Worth 1 cent if you can get someone to take it.

The only things going on are "Excessive imagination" and "truck tires."

Rhetorical question -- What happened to common sense?

Hello and welcome to the forum!

There is a lot going on with this cent. A whole lot. A whole lot of severe damage. Hopefully you can find a merchant who will still accept it as I don't think an automated machine (self checkout or even a Coinstar) would accept that at face value and it would come back out in the rejection slot.

I am not sure what help you were looking to get with this, except for advice to get rid of it as soon as possible.

I'm new to coin collecting and I found this to be a interesting coin . I never asked for value just for help if anyone saw anything like it before . So as a new collector I think I'll just read up on things for myself as I find all the responses to my post rude , belittling and smug. Sorry I'm not a super coin dork like you sticks.

On 6/23/2024 at 11:01 PM, Slaps said:

I'm new to coin collecting and I found this to be a interesting coin . I never asked for value just for help if anyone saw anything like it before . So as a new collector I think I'll just read up on things for myself as I find all the responses to my post rude , belittling and smug. Sorry I'm not a super coin dork like you sticks.

Slinging insults back at knowledgeable people won't get you anywhere in this hobby. You asked for help and got opinions (including my own being the super coin dork stick that I am). Should I have blown smoke up your you know what and tell you that you have a keeper or should I have given you a truthful response like I actually did?

You have gotten certain responses because here in this forum we have seen just about every kind of severely damaged coin come across these posts.

Help can come in many different forms, and I think telling the truth to people who come here and ask for help is doing them a better service than candy coating my responses. For the most part I come off as rather "dry" but I always tell people what I see and try to advise. Sorry apparently my response did not meet your liking.

I am going to go dork out now. Peace out and cheers.

On 6/24/2024 at 12:01 AM, Slaps said:

I'm new to coin collecting and I found this to be an interesting coin . I never asked for value just for help if anyone saw anything like it before . So as a new collector I think I'll just read up on things for myself as I find all the responses to my post rude , belittling and smug. Sorry I'm not a super coin dork like you sticks.

It basically a junk coin even a blind guy could of told that just by feeling it …there nothing to read up on … that thing look like it seen better days before it got lost in the parking lot 

On 6/23/2024 at 10:01 PM, Slaps said:

rude , belittling and smug

My favorite law firm.

On 6/25/2024 at 1:35 PM, VKurtB said:

My favorite law firm.

I thoght it was Dewey, Cheatum & Howe?  :roflmao:

On 6/25/2024 at 1:08 PM, Henri Charriere said:

I thoght it was Dewey, Cheatum & Howe?  :roflmao:

You've never heard Smug argue a case.