• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I get this 1955 ddo graded just not sure if it is think I barley see it on the 1955 but not sure. Getting all my rare an error coins graded an sold at auctions in the next couple months so want to make sure before I waste a lot of money lol
1 1

9 posts in this topic

If the rest of your coins look like this I suggest you save your money.   Your coin is clearly not the big one, and while there are a couple of lesser DDO's for this date (for which we would need much better photos to assess) they are very minor and seldom add enough value to be worth the cost of certification.

If you see any kind of limited doubling on your posted cent, it would fall under a "Poor Man's 1955" which I think is either a very minor variety or just strike doubling. This is surely not the cent worth thousands of dollars.

‘Tain’t one. 

You mention "barley" in your Topic.  As you well know, only "oats" have nutritional value.

Seriously, if you wish to make optimum use of all available resources, including the Bible of the hobby, commonly referred to as the "Red Book," you must improve your command of the English language.

This is important as many auction houses insist on handling encapsulated certified coins.  If you have not reviewed a Submission Form, I suggest you do so to get a feel for what the field of numismatics has become. Auctioneers are not graders; that is the province of TPGS such as NGC.