• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dansco books
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I got Dansco books being built. At the moment I'm trying to get all red cents. I got most up to 1933D. The ones after that. But on my Washington Quarter book which is coming along very well so far. I'm upgrading  most of them. I got a good chunk of them in BU. 1932 to 1998. I need 10 more but I'm going back and getting BU ones. Question I have is when you look at your book I do not want the pages to slap together hard. Any of you maybe put a flat piece of foam between the sheets? Maybe someone has a good idea how to take care of that.  . 

I don't have albums but if I did, I can feel what you are trying to convey with the pages. I would simply get some thin cardboard stock that is the same thickness as what is used for a cereal box for example and cut it to fit. Put one piece between each page and then the pages will have something between them so they don't slap together.

You might find something like this at a Hobby Lobby.

Edited by powermad5000
more information

I was kind of thinking that thin kind of foam. Maybe cut it to the size of the page. I was hoping someone might have done something like this and had a great idea. Working on my quarter book and there is some very very nice quarters.  

On 6/12/2024 at 9:46 PM, powermad5000 said:

You might find something like this at a Hobby Lobby.

I’d bet on it. The tougher part is punching crisp holes at the correct positions. 

On 6/13/2024 at 12:31 PM, Coinbuf said:

I would not introduce any material into a coin album, albums are designed to be archival quality.   Putting materials that are not produced for archival purposes could have a negative effect on the coins.

Any attempt at using acid-free archival interleaves would be SUPERIOR to the original Dansco pages, which are NOT especially archival. Those grey cardboard innards are not archival even a little bit. 

On 6/13/2024 at 6:34 PM, VKurtB said:

Any attempt at using acid-free archival interleaves would be SUPERIOR to the original Dansco pages, which are NOT especially archival. Those grey cardboard innards are not archival even a little bit. 

Hmm, surely you are not advocating the use of clearly SUPERIOR quality cardboard interleaves lovingly lavished with generous portions of formaldehyde, are you?  🤣

On 6/16/2024 at 9:24 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Hmm, surely you are not advocating the use of clearly SUPERIOR quality cardboard interleaves lovingly lavished with generous portions of formaldehyde, are you?  🤣

Nope. I use Dansco, but it is NOT archival.  Probably the best current album system on the market are the green Littletons which use capsules. 

On 6/16/2024 at 10:46 PM, VKurtB said:

Nope. I use Dansco, but it is NOT archival.  Probably the best current album system on the market are the green Littletons which use capsules. 

Similar to Air-Tites?

On 6/16/2024 at 8:59 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Similar to Air-Tites?

Hmm. Kind of. Air-Tites are frequently oversized and a foam gasket is used to help the fit. In the Littleton green album with the capsules, the gaskets are not used because the capsules are custom sized. Any foam gaskets make me "queasy".

Edited by VKurtB

On 6/19/2024 at 6:06 PM, VKurtB said:

Hmm. Kind of. Air-Tites are frequently oversized and a foam gasket is used to help the fit. In the Littleton green album with the capsules, the gaskets are not used because the capsules are custom sized. Any foam gaskets make me "queasy".

Yes I am waiting to see if my ASE collection will start to tone on the edges from the black foam on the Air-Tite holders